Ladies with Vert Deau Work'07 or Black Work '08

fashion1sta

Nov 28, 2007
Hello,
I am thinking about purchasing my 2nd Bbag and i was wondering, if i may be able to see a better picture of either one of them? I went to the picture thread but I wasn't able to find either one. Especially for the black, i wanted to see how the leather was for the '08. It would be awesome! Thank you!

i believe the 08s/s batches of black leathers hadn't been all fantastic. i recall reading about them being dry and more veiny and not as jet black. how are you buying the 2nd bag? i'd usually ask the staff to give me his/her honest opinion of the leather textures. if it's less than ideal, i might pass. nevertheless, dryness should be the least concern of the 3 mentioned. it could be remedied with leathercare products, usually.

i've seen members post up their recent buys of 08 black bbags. here's one. i typed in 08 black and search by posts and found it within seconds. forgreens' black work looks delicious.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/my-new-purchases-d-277953.html#post5975607

one more but black first:
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/pictures-my-brand-new-very-buttery-black-first-276128.html

Here's my 08 Black Work, the leather is medium thickness & very distressed, just the way i love it!!:love: I will post a photos of my VD Work as soon as I receive her from AR! Should be today or tomorrow!:wlae:
IMG_2769_resize.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg

wow, you have a vert d'eau city and you're considering a work?? you must really love vert d'eau! though i dont blame you :P

o8 leather varies.. i've felt some that are amazing, and others (the majority, unfortunately) have been less than desirable. i would think you'd be able to find a decent o8 black work somewhere :confused1: however, with vert d'eau you can be pretty much guaranteed that the leather will be beautiful.

I'm planning to buy it from AR, and i doubt that they'll allow me to see any pictures.

no they won't but probably a generic stock picture. ask them to comment honestly and be very descriptive of what your want and hear what they have to say. they would explain how some leathers can be evenly smooth on certain parts of the bag but not the sides where there'd bound to be creases and kinks. my mogano work was bought from them.

Thank you all!
Yes verty.. i love VERT D'EAU!! (i especially adore your avatar!):graucho: I also get many compliments from it as well.:love: I am dying to see how your VD work looks chinkee! I love your black work! I just hope that if i decide to get it... it'll turn out just as nice as yours. Thank you glossie, I hope that they tell me honestly when I ask them about the condition of the leather lol.

It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:congradulations!!:tup:Now i'm thinking... since BLACK will always be available and the VD won't~~~~~:thinking:to get or not to get that is the QUESTION! ...

^:drool: :drool: :drool:

It's soooooo beautiful!! Congrats :yahoo:

haha fashion1sta we posted at the same time :P
if you love vert so much i'd get it in the work - it'll prob. sell out soon!!