No Price Increase

Starfallen

O.G.
Jan 2, 2008
...Do you think if rather than rushing out to buy a bag before the increase on Thursday, we all boycotted LV for a month or two, they might reconsider when their sales do not improve?

Is it worth it to make 40.00 on a bag or lose a sale completely?

I love LV but I am really upset lately with the increases

In all honesty, there will always be people who will buy the bags even if you don't. The thing is, with every increase, LV doesn't have to sell as many units of an item to really make a profit so they can technically afford to lose some customers in the process. There would need to be an awful lot of people who decided to boycott for this to really make a dent in their profits.

i deffinately think LV will lose sales no matter what after this increase....

FWIW, Chanel has had 2 major increases to date, their flaps have gone up $1000 in less that a year's time and they have had more sales than ever. I don't follow LV like I do Chanel but I am willing to bet that their sales stay pretty consistant.

There will always be a market for LV no matter what the price including the twice a year increases. I still buy their products and have watched the prices increase twice a year no matter what the economy is like. Just think about it. My Speedy 25 is only $195 and my HL is only $85 compared to today's $620 and $395. Go figure.:shrugs:

I dont think that price increases are to affect sales. Yes,it would turn off some people but I dont believe that sales would go down.
Here in the UAE, the price increase has happened and prices are up and still people are buying. And by the way, I've noticed that not all people are aware of the increase. I bought my Azur in January and now its around $40 more, and I asked the SA about it and he said price increase..I said how many do you have..he said every 6 months.

i definitely agree and i'm definitely not too happy about price increase. the boycott might be worth a shot! but it might be hard because there will always be that one person that is still out there buying LV at any cost.

...Do you think if rather than rushing out to buy a bag before the increase on Thursday, we all boycotted LV for a month or two, they might reconsider when their sales do not improve?

Is it worth it to make 40.00 on a bag or lose a sale completely?

I love LV but I am really upset lately with the increases

Oh gawd. Is that happening THIS Thursday?? :tdown:

well I am NOT buyng anything from LV, I will get my things when they pop onto Ebay for less than retail.

Seriously, its getting out of control. Price increase twice since the beginning of the year and a noticeably decrease in quality customer service? The least they can do if they're going to raise the price is raise their customer service standards too.

Ebay is looking mighty attractive to me nowaday too. This wouldn't matter if the price gap wasn't so big but sometimes bags are 40% off retail in pristine conditions! I think from now on I'm going to look for the permanent line bags on Ebay and buy only LE from the boutique.

I'm already boycotting buying new LV so you got my support. I bought two bags this '08 year and both were pre-owned. Next year I plan on buying two epi almas and will get those pre-owned as well. I would have gotten my azur speedy 30 off of elux recently but they were sold out for so long, then I found a tpf'er here who was selling hers so I got it. I was ok with getting that speedy off elux even though it was increased this past Jan. by $30, I rationalized w/ free shipping, no tax and my ebate it would be the original 620 it was before the price increase, lol. Ironically elux restocked after over 2 mos. of not having that bag in! They restocked the azur speedy 1 or 2 wks after I finally caved and got the bag pre-owned which I have to tell ya, it's excellent to like new and I saved about 100 bucks! I'm happy.