The Mindful BE Ladies Club

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Hi Ladies,

This thread is being created for those ladies who sometimes wish to step back for a moment and contemplate their next purchase. Sometimes we get so excited about Jackie's gorgeous creations, which is easy to do, and we need to take a breath and think about what choices we have and when we wish to buy them.

I don't call this a Bag Ban thread because I think it will serve a broader purpose. We aren't going to stop buying handbags--we're TPF members, of course--but we'd like to be a bit more deliberate about what and how many we purchase.

We can also talk about our lifestyles, preferences and other factors that influence our purchasing decisions here.

Would a moderator be so kind as to make this thread a sticky?:yes:

So Ladies...stop on in and say hello, grab a virtual margarita and hang out for ahwile!:drinkup:

Whee! A place for me (for now :graucho:!)! I'll be back with more...off to pick-up DS from preschool then on to his sister's school for her Star of the Week presentation...!

Hi Ladies! And thanks, TejasMama, for starting this for us :smile:!

Yes....I'm one of these Ladies fo sho!

I like to contemplate my purchases over a martini or three......

While I'm impatient as hell by nature, I have learned the valuable lesson in life that it's not always wise to rush.....and if you miss out on something, there's bound to be even something better around the corner.

Things in life happen for a reason (or so I keep telling myself!), so I like to kick back, relax, and really make sure I LOVE it before I leap.

Oh....and one other thing about me. If I have fallen head over heels over something and you know what I mean...you see something that you could care less if it goes on sale b/c you have to have it NOW....then it's game over and becomes mine in an instant!!

I think I qualify for this club. When the fall styles first came out last week I was all over them and ready to order like 3 bags. But now I have taken a step back and am waiting until I am sure what I want before I order.

I can be somewhat of an impulse buyer but I am so proud of myself lately. For the past several months or so I have stopped impulse buying and really considered my purchases first. That is what I am doing with these new fall bags. I have to see modeling pics and swatches first before I make any decisions!

Thanks TejasMama for starting this. I think it is wonderful that we encourage each other to contemplate a purchase first before pressing order so quickly.

Yes....I'm one of these Ladies fo sho!

I like to contemplate my purchases over a martini or three......

While I'm impatient as hell by nature, I have learned the valuable lesson in life that it's not always wise to rush.....and if you miss out on something, there's bound to be even something better around the corner.

Things in life happen for a reason (or so I keep telling myself!), so I like to kick back, relax, and really make sure I LOVE it before I leap.

Oh....and one other thing about me. If I have fallen head over heels over something and you know what I mean...you see something that you could care less if it goes on sale b/c you have to have it NOW....then it's game over and becomes mine in an instant!!

I completely agree Contessa. This is what I have been doing, making sure I love a bag totally before buying.

But like you said if I see something and am head over heals in love with it then yes all bets are off!

You can add me to this club as well!

I have had to prioritize what I am spending lately. I got caught up in the fact that I started working part time at nights recently after a few years at home, and while the money is fantastic, we have had a few surprises come up that made me step back and re-evaluate.

That said, I am like Contessa, and if I adore it, it WILL be mine. That is what happened with the purple LM, come hell or high water, it was mine.

I am not usually an impulsive buyer, but these bags...I swear...where did my sanity go? I was honestly contemplating TWO from the fall line until I smacked myself. Its like I lost my wits for a moment...and to hell with what I need to be paying off or saving for! It did have a LOT to do with the low deposit, that made it too easy to think ach, I will just pay it off in a few months...

Well, I've never been 'into' designer bags, until now, as all of my handbag purchases have been through the high street, or one-off finds. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE browsing in boutiques, department stores, fashion mags, and the internet. BUT, I have always been reluctant to spend my hard earned cash on anything, just because it carries a name, unless I am sure it is of a high standard, quality and truly unique!

Having said that, when I was in the for LM midi, I was completely 'sold' on the colour, and size of the bag...it suited my needs. Although, after looking at pics, and seeing the new 'fall 08' bags, it made me question, whether I was a bit hasty in my decision....who knows, I may grow to like it!

This has been a valuable lesson for me, as this is the most I have ever spent on any one bag!

That said, I am like Contessa, and if I adore it, it WILL be mine. That is what happened with the purple LM, come hell or high water, it was mine.

I think this is what gave me pause this time around...as beautiful as the fall offerings are, I didn't feel that punch to the solar plexus that I did with the dark grey LM or the green LMM - I didn't even really "click" with the LMM the first time around! I now suspect that I need to see more IRL photos and hear about how the bags wear and feel before I make my decisions.

The other thing was that I have a lot of bags suitable for Fall (browns in a bunch of different shades, navy blue, black, greens); I think my collection really lacks spring/summer colors....

Oh, I must say though, that before I jumped on the BE train, I did lust over Mulberry, but thought they were overpriced for what they were! (Please don't shoot me!!) :lol:

^^^ It's a Jayde in Kenya Oak, about 2 years old.

They don't make them any more but apparently there's a few around in some outlet stores. There's pics of it in the pics Mulberry thread in the Mulberry Forum. (I feel a bit of a traitor now mentioning it here!)

ITA. i was all about to put down a deposit for a choc crash WTM but it's not in my budget in the slightest. £90 is a LOT of money to be. i typically have to stretch £90 over an entire month as my whole spending budget for food, transportation and misc expenses. so to drop it on a bag deposit just seems irresponsible and reckless.

hopefully in the fall i can afford something. plus the initial 'gotta have it gotta have it' has passed

^^^ It's a Jayde in Kenya Oak, about 2 years old.

They don't make them any more but apparently there's a few around in some outlet stores. There's pics of it in the pics Mulberry thread in the Mulberry Forum. (I feel a bit of a traitor now mentioning it here!)

Cheers Cornflower! I'm sure no-one will get angsty......(has a sneaky peek!!) ........OK back to BE!!!! :roflmfao: