Burnt orange or pink patent pleated satchel dilemma....WHICH ONE????

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Ok, here's the deal.... I've "reserved" a burnt orange satchel for Macys F&F. There are two reasons for that... One is because the Macys SA could find no info on the patent version, only the leather versions for that store. She said they are getting them in before the end of April...she THINKS! But it seems this is not guaranteed, and of course stock varies according to store. I believe that more black satchels were made overall than the other colors (GREAT...my least favorite leather color!).

As for preference this is HARD for me because I LOOOOVE pink bags, BUT, I have a ton of them already, and I don't really care for patent that much. In fact, I only have one patent leather bag, and it's a Michael Kors! But I admit I love this color the best out of the current pleated satchels! I also love the burnt orange color, and it's the leather version I like...BUT....it's not quite the color of orange I was hoping for. I love it, but just not quite "there" in terms of the perfect shade for me.

So, I'm trying to choose between the pink patent or burnt orange satchel...and also choose whether to just go ahead and purchase from Coach or take a chance and wait for F&F. I'm going to order the sunflower Bridgit from Coach anyway this week, so I don't know whether I want to give the boutique more of my retail business. It will largely depend on the first store (if any) to give me the coupon! After this, I'm totally done with boutique purchases till PCE (IF I get the PCE)!! My real dilemma other than color is I just don't know whether I want to take the risk and wait on Macys to see if I can get the pleated satchel from there. If they only get black, then I'm in trouble! I suppose I could order it from Coach and then wait to see if I get it at Macys, and then return back to Coach...but I hate doing that!

I don't know that I'm in love enough with this bag to get more than one color (at least for now with the current options). It actually looks similar to a bright green bag I've already had for a while now. So I want to choose between the pink and burnt orange. Please help!! Thanks!! :flowers:

P.S. For those of you that have the satchel, could you let me know how it looks WITHOUT the packing materials, please? In other words, with your own contents, how does the bag slouch...does it retain its shape or flatten out and look ugly?? Any pics would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

Wow, what a dilemma! I know I had the toughest time choosing between naby and pink and...ok, I admit it, the burnt orange crossed my mind more than once.

I say you get the burnt orange. You've said yourself that you already have a ton of pink bags and I just think the orange is such a gorgeous and unique color. Even if it isnt' exactly what you wanted, I think it will grow on you.

I don't know how low the stock is on the burnt orange. If you can, maybe you should wait and see if Macy's gets it and if not, then get it at the boutique. Oh and fyi...if you really don't want to spend your $$ at the boutique, my Macy's mentioned to me that they honor Coach coupons such as PCE so maybe ask if yours does too? Just a thought. I can't wait to see what you get!!

Wow, what a dilemma! I know I had the toughest time choosing between naby and pink and...ok, I admit it, the burnt orange crossed my mind more than once.

I say you get the burnt orange. You've said yourself that you already have a ton of pink bags and I just think the orange is such a gorgeous and unique color. Even if it isnt' exactly what you wanted, I think it will grow on you.

I don't know how low the stock is on the burnt orange. If you can, maybe you should wait and see if Macy's gets it and if not, then get it at the boutique. Oh and fyi...if you really don't want to spend your $$ at the boutique, my Macy's mentioned to me that they honor Coach coupons such as PCE so maybe ask if yours does too? Just a thought. I can't wait to see what you get!!

Thanks sweetmelissa! I do like the orange, but was just hoping for it to be a bit brighter. The good news is that it's not really the brownish orange that the color would have suggested to me, lol! I saw this in person last weekend, a customer return. I think they have had a few of the orange ones get returned from what i heard. I guess it's a color that doesn't work for everyone, but I've always liked orange colors!

As for the boutique, my ban really has to do with the fact that I think DH and I are not getting the coupons anymore because we have bought too much from there. We didn't even get the PCE cards last time in the mail, but mine was taken care of by my SA. I have a feeling the more I purchase at the boutique, the less likely I am to get any promos. I also don't like to be paying full retail price for things, so I would like to return to the situation I was a couple of months ago where I only purchased on sale or at the outlets. I don't even know whether I will be able to get a PCE or not this time, but I hope that my SA takes care of me. If not, I sure would go to Nordstrom and ask, and i think they will honor the discount for me without the card. They know me pretty well at this one, and have taken care of me in the past. Basically, I'll shop with whoever gives me the best concessions, lol! If they are loyal, I also tend to be very loyal and try to make certain they receive the sale credits whenever I can. This time it's up for grabs, though, and I'm searching for the first boutique that offers me the coupon, and then I will order the bag(s). One already turned me down, so I wrote my SA and also will call 3 other places today. If none of them will do it, then I will just probably order it at my local store since they have encouraged me to shop there with them (I figure one more chance for a PCE invite, lol!).

baglady... <shaking head> what did you get yourself into? haha... JK!! :lol: Instead of waiting for F&F, I think you should purchase the burnt orange one at the COACH store... I wouldn't chance it and wait on it... because what are you going to do if they don't get it at Macy's? Then your pretty much S-O-L... I LOVE the burnt orange color better than the pink patent... IMO... I'm not really sure how the slouching is... I put my stuff in my navy satchel, and it seems to have the same shape to it, doesn't really slouch much... I haven't even used my navy satchel yet! I'm excited to, but the weather is JUST turning nice here, so I'm going to wait a few more days before I break it out, plus I'm kind of waiting for the accessories that my boyfriend said he was going to buy for me to go w/my satchel... I kind of want everything on the inside to match... i know i'm such a dork! LOL... well good luck deciding bag... i think you should go w/the orange though, you'll be happy w/it! ;)

baglady... <shaking head> what did you get yourself into? haha... JK!! :lol: Instead of waiting for F&F, I think you should purchase the burnt orange one at the COACH store... I wouldn't chance it and wait on it... because what are you going to do if they don't get it at Macy's? Then your pretty much S-O-L... I LOVE the burnt orange color better than the pink patent... IMO... I'm not really sure how the slouching is... I put my stuff in my navy satchel, and it seems to have the same shape to it, doesn't really slouch much... I haven't even used my navy satchel yet! I'm excited to, but the weather is JUST turning nice here, so I'm going to wait a few more days before I break it out, plus I'm kind of waiting for the accessories that my boyfriend said he was going to buy for me to go w/my satchel... I kind of want everything on the inside to match... i know i'm such a dork! LOL... well good luck deciding bag... i think you should go w/the orange though, you'll be happy w/it! ;)

Thanks Coachgirl! I also love the navy but just feel I would use a brighter color more. It's also not available to order anymore I was told.

Yeah, I guess I really meant go flat with stuff in it...you know what I mean?? I noticed with all the packing materials, it has a really nice shape and look to it, but wasn't sure what would happen when few items that had some weight to them were in the bag. I never liked the large Vachetta ergo for this reason and sold it. I also don't know if the patent is stiffer than the leather. It's something I should have tried in the store TBH, because I had the bag right in my grubby little hands, lol. But I just didn't think about it at that time. All the SAs were trying to get me to buy it....it was a little distracting to say the least...I felt like I was "on display". :P

BTW, yeah, I get myself into some jams, lol..but this is it for the boutiques! I can "join" your ban afterward as long as outlet purchases don't count! ;)

Thanks Coachgirl! I also love the navy but just feel I would use a brighter color more. It's also not available to order anymore I was told.

Yeah, I guess I really meant go flat with stuff in it...you know what I mean?? I noticed with all the packing materials, it has a really nice shape and look to it, but wasn't sure what would happen when few items that had some weight to them were in the bag. I never liked the large Vachetta ergo for this reason and sold it. I also don't know if the patent is stiffer than the leather. It's something I should have tried in the store TBH, because I had the bag right in my grubby little hands, lol. But I just didn't think about it at that time. All the SAs were trying to get me to buy it....it was a little distracting to say the least...I felt like I was "on display". :P

BTW, yeah, I get myself into some jams, lol..but this is it for the boutiques! I can "join" your ban afterward as long as outlet purchases don't count! ;)
LOL... yeah the leather is MUCH softer than the patent, the patent is stiffer... but I think thats how it is w/all patent bags... you need to wear them in a little before they soften up... No outlet bags don't count... the thing is, I can't really shop at an outlet because its further away, so that makes me just not want to shop there, plus the last time I went, I didn't find NOTHING! Some women are definitely like animals at the outlet... there were people practically to the door waiting in line to purchase stuff... like they had never seen COACH before :wtf: LOL... :lol: that kind of reminds me of like a Sam's Club or a COSCO, where you see people going crazy because everything is in bulk... food is food, they just think that its a better deal for some reason? haha :upsidedown: ... so bag, did you decide what your going to get then? you going to wait for F&F or just go for it? :tup:

LOL... yeah the leather is MUCH softer than the patent, the patent is stiffer... but I think thats how it is w/all patent bags... you need to wear them in a little before they soften up... No outlet bags don't count... the thing is, I can't really shop at an outlet because its further away, so that makes me just not want to shop there, plus the last time I went, I didn't find NOTHING! Some women are definitely like animals at the outlet... there were people practically to the door waiting in line to purchase stuff... like they had never seen COACH before :wtf: LOL... :lol: that kind of reminds me of like a Sam's Club or a COSCO, where you see people going crazy because everything is in bulk... food is food, they just think that its a better deal for some reason? haha :upsidedown: ... so bag, did you decide what your going to get then? you going to wait for F&F or just go for it? :tup:

Ha, ha...yeah, you're right...some outlets can be a total zoo! Costco definitely doesn't bring up happy feelings either. I always go with a friend since he has a membership and I don't, and last time the lines were SO bad, backed way back into the store and no order whatsoever. It reminded me of when I was in India, and there were no official "lanes", and everybody just kind of drives (or whatever) wherever they please, crowding and bumping into each other (and of course cursing, lol). :nuts: Either that, or like the Turnpike and toll road booth areas get around here, lol! Yeah, definitely not my scene!! I hate traffic, crowds, and rude people!

I don't know yet what I'm going to do...I'm going to call some Coach stores when I get home and find out if I can squeeze the coupon... and also check in with the SA at Macys in a couple of days. Yesterday I was told there are fewer Bridgits (by a lot) than the pleated satchels in inventory (JAX)..so that's part of the current dilemma! I think fewer stores will get those than the satchels. Last time the stores around here that had the Bridgits sold out instantly. I'm sure I could get Nordstrom to hold one when or if they did get it, though. It's a tough call...part of me just wants to buy from dept stores for a while and get rid of a lot of purchase history with Coach and see if that will help "spark" my getting the promos! The other part of me is just impatient and wants to get it over with. If I know myself like I think I do, I'll probably buy one bag tomorrow or the next day, and wait on the other to show up somewhere else.

I gotta go against the pack here and say pink. You can never have too much pink. And this is SUCH a pretty pink bag!

It IS a beautiful pink!! I just love it...but a while back I sold off all but one pink bag that I had in my collection. Then over the last several months, I've beefed up the pink inventory again, and it's probably worse than before I sold the first lot. SIGH...I truly LOVE pink bags for some reason.... :girlsigh: I also love orange, but just not this shade as much as other brighter shades!

Ha, ha...yeah, you're right...some outlets can be a total zoo! Costco definitely doesn't bring up happy feelings either. I always go with a friend since he has a membership and I don't, and last time the lines were SO bad, backed way back into the store and no order whatsoever. It reminded me of when I was in India, and there were no official "lanes", and everybody just kind of drives (or whatever) wherever they please, crowding and bumping into each other (and of course cursing, lol). :nuts: Either that, or like the Turnpike and toll road booth areas get around here, lol! Yeah, definitely not my scene!! I hate traffic, crowds, and rude people!

I don't know yet what I'm going to do...I'm going to call some Coach stores when I get home and find out if I can squeeze the coupon... and also check in with the SA at Macys in a couple of days. Yesterday I was told there are fewer Bridgits (by a lot) than the pleated satchels in inventory (JAX)..so that's part of the current dilemma! I think fewer stores will get those than the satchels. Last time the stores around here that had the Bridgits sold out instantly. I'm sure I could get Nordstrom to hold one when or if they did get it, though. It's a tough call...part of me just wants to buy from dept stores for a while and get rid of a lot of purchase history with Coach and see if that will help "spark" my getting the promos! The other part of me is just impatient and wants to get it over with. If I know myself like I think I do, I'll probably buy one bag tomorrow or the next day, and wait on the other to show up somewhere else.
haha.. your just like me... hate the crowds and rude people! can't stand it, just makes me want to get out of a store right away! your funny bag... i think the bridgits are GORGEOUS! if i could get myself to spend that much on a bag, I would also get one of those... too bad I don't see any of them at an outlet, otherwise I'd snatch one of those babies up! I also want a leigh really bad too, I feel your pain on wanting to get some of the bags right away and not waiting because you feel like they might get sold out... TBH, i think even though their might be less bridgits, you should get your satchel first... those are going like hotcakes!

I think you should wait on getting either because it seems that you don't want the pink because you have too much pink already and you don't want the burnt orange because its the right shade for you..

If you don't love it , don't buy. If you love the pink satchel, GET It!

haha.. your just like me... hate the crowds and rude people! can't stand it, just makes me want to get out of a store right away! your funny bag... i think the bridgits are GORGEOUS! if i could get myself to spend that much on a bag, I would also get one of those... too bad I don't see any of them at an outlet, otherwise I'd snatch one of those babies up! I also want a leigh really bad too, I feel your pain on wanting to get some of the bags right away and not waiting because you feel like they might get sold out... TBH, i think even though their might be less bridgits, you should get your satchel first... those are going like hotcakes!

Yeah, you're right...the satchels are going fast. There are more new colors in the satchel, though, so that's absorbed some of the sales. THe guy at the store told me the Bridgits in sunflower were down to 50, and he was really shocked. I guess since there are only 2 colors, people are depleting the stock faster. However, I do have 4 Bridgits and no satchel...a further dilemma. On the other hand, I could debate and stress over this for long enough that both sell out..and then I would save some money, lol! I don't think it would destroy me either, TBH, but probably would be a good thing!! By the way, some Bridgits have been at the outlets...but I've only heard of the rose color and possibly black (I think) so far. I would say get on a list and they can call you if one comes in. I've never actually had them call me, but I always try! A lot of people return them because of the size being small. I don't like small bags either, but this bag really works for me for some reason!!