How do you gorgeous goddesses store makeup brushes?

I LOVE the idea above^^ I might actually try that. I think what I store my brushes in, he made on one of his tutorials, I just made a holder out of a soda box. I know I got the idea off YouTube(might have been linked on tPF).

Im such a lazy butt, if I dont store them in that holder, I wont put them away and they will end up all over the counter. The holder is the easiest way for me, but because of dust, I MUST clean them every week(isnt that what you're supposed to do anyway?).

I LOVE the idea above^^ I might actually try that. I think what I store my brushes in, he made on one of his tutorials, I just made a holder out of a soda box. I know I got the idea off YouTube(might have been linked on tPF).

Im such a lazy butt, if I dont store them in that holder, I wont put them away and they will end up all over the counter. The holder is the easiest way for me, but because of dust, I MUST clean them every week(isnt that what you're supposed to do anyway?).

OMG I love that idea too! I can't believe I didn't notice this when I was in sephora...anywhoo I live near a Michael's so I will try the beads.

I was wondering if anyone had concerns about dust and whether brushes should be stored covered up or in a cabinet or somewhere else to not collect dust...but if they're going to be cleaned frequently (???) I guess that's not an issue - ? :shrugs:

thanks for the youtube clip, BTW! :tup:

^^ That was my concern too. My sister and best friends store their brushes in a glass cup on their vanity or bathroom counter. But won't the brushes get dusty? I clean mine every week though. Maybe I'm just being anal about using my brushes every morning after they've collected dust all day. My brushes are short handles, so I can store them in my make up bag. But I'm beginning to consider a new way of storing the brushes. After all, I don't need to take my brushes with me in my purse. They just add to the weight. :P

My bf got a set of plain cappuccino glasses in black holders, but since we never drink cappuccino, I took a glass out of the holder and it's the perfect size (and look) for my brushes. I then put the glass in my medicine cabinet to avoid dust.

I love the Sephora idea, but I have too darn many brushes, I would need multiple acrylic things. I bought an acrylic caddy years ago, that has 5 diferent compartments and I put my brushes in that. It has a carrying handle - although I don't carry it anywhere (LOL). I think I got it at Storables??? I also have Bobbi Brown's brush travel case, but admittedly never use it. My caddy is out on the open but I wash my brushes regularly, so have never had an issue.

thank you for the compliment ;)

when at home, the makeup brushes are stored out in the open in my train case, and when im on the go in the makeup bag with my other essentials.

I keep mine in a cup on the bathroom counter because almost all of my brushes are full size. I keep the 10 or so I use daily in there, along with my mascaras, a couple of eyeliners, etc. It's really dusty here, but using the brushes every day and cleaning them every now and then keeps them from getting all gross. The only thing I'd worry about is if you're a heavy aerosol hairspray user. I wouldn't keep anything on my mom's bathroom counter because of all the hairspray. But at my house, no big deal.

I see you've discovered the "Sephora Inspired Brush Holders" as well. I love them!!! And I'm so happy Koren shared this with the world. I have two right now and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make another one because I have some brushe that I plan to purchase very soon. :tup:

haha no, I've never seen that (Thx to the poster that showed the tut tho, it was cute!!)

I actually used to work for Sephora and I saw what they used, so, I just went to Michaels and bought the beads and a clear jar and did it myself :smile: It's funny though how everyone see's one great idea dn we all replicate it because it's so simple and easy!!

Whats even funnier though is that while I was working there, women would come in and want to purchase the jars, or, at least the beads, so they could do it themselves! We always had to tell them that they were no for purchase, which, everyone was sad about. But, one woman, she bought one of the eye face masks that we sold (for 30 bucks!!!) because the beads that were used inside of it were the EXACT beads that we used for the make-up brushes! I was floored! I even told her to go to Michaels to get them (and they were like 6 bucks!) and she said she didn't want to go look for them in case they didn't have them and she'd just pay the 30 bucks to rip the thing open to use those instead!

I only have a few brushes that are used daily. I put them in a toothbrush holder so they are separated and not cross contaminate. The beads in a glass is a cool idea but I wouldn't know how to clean the beads if they get dusty...:jammin:

haha no, I've never seen that (Thx to the poster that showed the tut tho, it was cute!!)

I actually used to work for Sephora and I saw what they used, so, I just went to Michaels and bought the beads and a clear jar and did it myself :smile: It's funny though how everyone see's one great idea dn we all replicate it because it's so simple and easy!!

Whats even funnier though is that while I was working there, women would come in and want to purchase the jars, or, at least the beads, so they could do it themselves! We always had to tell them that they were no for purchase, which, everyone was sad about. But, one woman, she bought one of the eye face masks that we sold (for 30 bucks!!!) because the beads that were used inside of it were the EXACT beads that we used for the make-up brushes! I was floored! I even told her to go to Michaels to get them (and they were like 6 bucks!) and she said she didn't want to go look for them in case they didn't have them and she'd just pay the 30 bucks to rip the thing open to use those instead!

LoL that's a great story. Can't believe she spent that much just for beads! But I can't really blame her. They're soooo cute! It's so funny because my brother came over the other day and he was looking at my makeup corner and saw the brush holders. He says "Wth? did you jack those from Sephora?"
I said "No, weirdo. I bought the stuff from Michaels. And what do you know about Sephora?" Turns how his girlfriend's crazy about makeup, too. So, I'm pretty sure he ran and told her all about the brush holders. LoL I bought this square shallow box from Michaels and I'm thinking about making a travel brush holder. Similar to what Koren did with his Fafi picture brush holder just inside of a box. I need to make a trip to the craft store asap. I'm getting lots of ideas!

I only have a few brushes that are used daily. I put them in a toothbrush holder so they are separated and not cross contaminate. The beads in a glass is a cool idea but I wouldn't know how to clean the beads if they get dusty...:jammin:

I think you could just pour them in a strainer and run them under the faucet. Then let them dry for a while and put them back... That's what I do with marbles that I keep in vases, etc.