Strategies to overcome purse ban by DHs

antakusuma

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
Dear TPFers,

I am currently on a purse ban by DH and i noticed a lot of ladies are as well.

However, there are some ladies who seemed to have successfully overcome this. As a result they get a constant supply of BBags.... Sometimes as a gift from DH in fact!

Can anyone please share stories of how they have overcome/plan to overcome pursebans?

Share perspectives and ideas even if u're not on purseban!

i do not have a DH however I'm on a purseban and the best way for me to fund for another bag would have to be to sell one that i'm not using currently in my collection. So I kinda of trade off the bags..old bag out..new bag in! haha =P

but i do not sell just to sell..it's usually a bag that i'm not using and am not that happy with.

Well, aside from at times fantasizing about trading in DH for a HG..I also sell the least used/loved bag to fund the new one.. however, one time I took a bunch of pretty things to a Consignment store..waah.. still miss my old Rick Owens leather jacket :cry:

I am not on a purseban YET by my DH, but he does think I am a compulsive BBay shopper!!! Whatever...there is no such thing as being compulsive when it comes down to BBags- they are MUST HAVES!!!

My DH doesn't mind purchasing me a purse every now and then even if it's not a special occasion, but my problem is that he loves LV!!! :wtf: I have been recently purchasing more Bal and I think he is starting to become fond of them. :yes: He just doesn't understand why the same style purse in soooo many different colors...MEN!!!

I have not encountered this problem from DH husband yet *crossing fingers*,he seems pretty ok with it, but if he did all of a sudden "have a problem" I would use my cooking as a leveler (I am so glad he can't cook, lol) or I would just pout a whole lot, that usually works for me:graucho:
rica:PHH= purse hating husband

DH needs a hobby that he can spend money on so you can buy your bags as a quid pro quo. My DH is on the verge of buying a motorcycle, which I am not happy about because of the risk, but it is a lot of bags for me.

Any purse ban I'm on is self-imposed. DH and I pool our $ but we each get an allowance. I save that up to buy whatever I want (and it takes a lo-o-o-o-o-ng time!), I don't use credit cards. As a result, DH has no issues with me buying bags and is happy for me when I can actually buy whatever it is I've been saving up for. Every couple has different ways of managing their $ but this has worked really well for us.

I am not on a purseban YET by my DH, but he does think I am a compulsive BBay shopper!!! Whatever...there is no such thing as being compulsive when it comes down to BBags- they are MUST HAVES!!!

My DH doesn't mind purchasing me a purse every now and then even if it's not a special occasion, but my problem is that he loves LV!!! :wtf: I have been recently purchasing more Bal and I think he is starting to become fond of them. :yes: He just doesn't understand why the same style purse in soooo many different colors...MEN!!!

I don't have a DH but I'm in a similar situation with SO. He'll buy me LVs but not Bal bags. He can't see the value of Bal bags and doesn't understand why I'm obsessed about Bal bags and TPF.