How to clean up a Rockley messenger?

mariamarie

Mar 29, 2008
My beautiful old Rockley has received colour from my jeans, and I want to try and clean it up.

Do you have any suggestions to how I should or could do that?

It looks like this:

Attachments

• rockleydamage.jpg
    rockleydamage.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 75
oh dear- I haven't a clue I'm afraid. Might be worth phoning Mulberry customer services to see if they can offer any advice. Out of interest had you sprayed it with collonil?

oh dear- I haven't a clue I'm afraid. Might be worth phoning Mulberry customer services to see if they can offer any advice. Out of interest had you sprayed it with collonil?

Yes, but it's a long time since I did it.

I'm gonna call Mulberry in Copenhagen tomorrow and see if they can help me.. Otherwise, I'll just have to live with it and hope it tears off again:tup:
It's only visible on the back of the bag, so noone will notice it.

Well, I talked with Mulberry Copenhagen today, and there's not much to do.. Since the colour is oak, I will almost for sure make it worse, if I try to wash it off or take it to dryclean.

The really kind SA asked me to bring it to the store to take a look at it. She said it maybe possible to shine it up a little, but it could be expensive, though..

So I'll bring it with me when I get near the store, maybe I'm lucky :tup:

Otherwise, I'm not so sad about it. It would have been much worse, if it happened to one of my other bags. I usually use my Rockley as a diaperbag, when I'm out with my kids, and the damage is on the back of the bag..

But girls, please promise me to be careful with what you rub your oak-bags against! In case you didn't already know, that is... ;) :upsidedown:

I must say it was worry about colour transfer that made me get a choco Antony instead of an oak one! sorry about your bag but as you say at least it's the back of the bag that no-one really sees!