Does the Coach outlet sell fakes??

rebecp

Sep 30, 2006
I tried selling a purse I got last year from the Coach factory store on eBay and someone reported it as fake and my auction was yanked.

How could this happen? I have no idea how to tell if the bag is authentic (I'm reading through some threads to try and figure it out) - I just assumed that buying it from a Coach factory store meant that it was authentic.

Can you all tell me what you think in terms of authenticity? If it is in fact not authentic, what should I do? Take it to a Coach store? Unfortunately I've had this bag for over a year and don't think I have the receipt anymore. If the bag ends of being a fake, I'm going to be angry & embarrassed for accidentally posting a fake on eBay.

Attachments

• purse1.jpg
    purse1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 7,754
  • purse2.jpg
    purse2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 7,742
  • purse3.jpg
    purse3.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7,549
  • purse4.jpg
    purse4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 7,689
  • purse5.jpg
    purse5.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 7,499
Sorry, what's a drill down? I'm new here so I'm not sure what that is.

If it's fake, is there anything I can do? How can this happen? Is it from people returning fake bags for authentic ones?

Are you sure that you got that at Coach outlet and not a 3rd party retailer or somewhere else? That does not look like an authentic product for several reasons, and I do not see the marking that every item sold at an outlet has.

keep us posted on this! do you still have the tags or anything? There has to be a way to look it up in the computer some how. Did you purchase this or someone else purchase it and say they got it from the factory store?

Oh man, I am such a dolt - thank god I didn't call the store and complain like I was going to. I drove home in a range and ripped through my receipt drawer - I haven't purged my receipts yet. I bought 5 Coach bags that day, 3 came from the Coach factory store and the other 2 came from the Bealls Outlet store - I think the other one I got there is fake too :sad: I did a ton of shopping that day, I don't even remember going to Bealls.

I'm so p*ssed right now at accidentally buying two fakes.. thank goodness the one got removed from eBay but I've been carrying the other bag for the past 5 months. I'm so embarrassed. I'm not sure what do with the two bags now.. I think I'll mail them both to my sister so she can cut them up for an art project. ugh!!