May 8th Barneys!!! What shoes will you wear?

Jan 25, 2008
Who is going to this event??? I would love to meet any of you who are going! I'm going to wear my black Jolie slides :smile:. Also, i've never been to this type of event. Do I need to purchase a pair from barney's? If so, should I call now and reserve the pair just in case they don't have my size by then??

Can't wait!!!

I went to the Saks one in NYC in Feb & I wish I did reserve a pair ahead of time. You do have to buy a pair in order to get them signed.
I got lucky & found a great pair, but once again, I got lucky, does not happen all the time.
So if you have a good SA that can hold them until you get there, I would suggest calling them in.
They usually get a big shipment the nights before the event.

Thanks for the tip Stinas! Are we allowed to bring others for him to sign?
I went to the Saks one in NYC in Feb & I wish I did reserve a pair ahead of time. You do have to buy a pair in order to get them signed.
I got lucky & found a great pair, but once again, I got lucky, does not happen all the time.
So if you have a good SA that can hold them until you get there, I would suggest calling them in.
They usually get a big shipment the nights before the event.

xnplo, at the Saks event in NY you could only have 2 pairs, bought that day at the store (at the event), signed. They didn't have a limit at first, but they set one when the line and wait time was getting ridiculously long.

Thank you, rjd~ Guess it's time to start hunting around, and reserve something for that day... :ninja:
xnplo, at the Saks event in NY you could only have 2 pairs, bought that day at the store (at the event), signed. They didn't have a limit at first, but they set one when the line and wait time was getting ridiculously long.

Hmmmm I wonder what the rules will be at this event at Barney's because the one I went to at NM Scottsdale (two or three days after the Saks NYC event in Feb) the rules were less strict. I did buy declics, but I brought my HGs the Electric blue suede rolandos with me and he signed both!

BUT I was fourth in line to see him... I just suggest getting there early enough so that you can be in the front because I think that once Barney's realizes how crazy it can get, they will start limiting what can be done to accommodate as many people as possible. (as mentioned by RJD)

ps I think we should start organizing something for this event! Im 90% positive I will be making an LA trip that week for this event... but I will be 100% if we want to organize something fun! Who's in!?:P

Sounds like it will be fun, but I will probably have a work meeting that day. I was able to have my SA get a pair signed in February though, so have fun and post pics.

Sounds fun, bos... Count me in. :yes: How early were you there at the signing you went to? I might need to plan the whole day off, instead of 1/2 day... :thinking:

Well I got there about an hour before, and there were already a few ladies there getting smashed on the champagne and trying on shoes like crazy!! About 20 mintues before it officially started, people were rolling in... 5 minutes to go and the line was busy and then NM suddenly filled up out of nowhere! I was actually surprised I was able to get such a great spot in line because this event was held on a saturday @ 2pm on a day when everyones at the mall and most have off! But i have a feeling that LA will be much busier... I'd like to get there a couple hours early so I can try my shoes and not have issue, kwim!?

Ok so far there are three of us! Do we maybe want to grab coffee or a light lunch before/after? Oh wait, does barney's have something inside of it, like the BAR ON 4 at NM!?! That would be amazing!!! Last time I was at Bar on 4, a couple years back, I sat next to janet jackson and jermaine dupri!!!