Current Twilly Designs ...

P-B

Jan 15, 2008
I'm going to buy my first twilly on Wednesday. Has anyone been to the Wall St. or Madison Ave. stores lately? Is there a bigger selection of twillies than what's available online? Is there a bigger selection at the Madison Ave. vs. the Wall St. store? (Wall St. would be easier for me b/c I work down here). I looked online and I can't believe that the few designs that are there are the only ones available. Sorry for so many questions, but if anyone can chime in ... Thanks!

Unfortunately, there are just a handful of twilly designs. I looked online as well, and that is pretty much what you will see at both Madison and Wall Street. You will get a bigger selection of pocket squares if that interests you! Hope you get something you really want!

Thanks, that solves my dilemna. I will just go to Wall Street -- its like right accross the street. I'll let you know what I find. I want a twilly for now b/c I think I can use it as a belt (unless I'm being delusional) and headband as well. I think I'll have more fun with it. You ladies are so sweet in here; thanks for the response.

Twilly stock varies greatly from store to store. Sometimes there are just one or two sitting in a drawer (or none at all, like last October in the MS in Paris)and sometimes you'll come across a store that has a stock of thirty or more- anything is possible, just keep browsing and asking...

Twilly stock varies greatly from store to store. Sometimes there are just one or two sitting in a drawer (or none at all, like last October in the MS in Paris)and sometimes you'll come across a store that has a stock of thirty or more- anything is possible, just keep browsing and asking...

^^ Thanks MaiTai, you are one of my main twilly inspirations. I can go to Wall Street on Wednesday, and if I don't find anything -- Madison Ave on Thursday. If not, I can wait 'til I move and go to Bloor St (Toronto). But hopefully I will find something. I can't imagine they won't have anything I like ...

I was at Wall St. a few weeks ago, and Madison last week. At that time, Madison had a slightly bigger selection but Wall St had a few things Madison didn't and vice versa so both are worth checking out.

^^ Thanks for the info! I just want something that has either tones of cream, blue, and/or grey or red and white/cream in it. I think both would be nice for spring/summer. I don't really care what the design is, because they are all quite spectacular. Maybe I will go to both anyway just to see the stock ...

Thanks I want a twilly for now b/c I think I can use it as a belt (unless I'm being delusional) and headband as well. I think I'll have more fun with it.

I haven't seen a twilly worn as a belt yet. It is not very long. I once tried tying it around my true waist (as opposed to low waist in belt loops) and making a knot but then there wasn't much fabric left.

The pointu (triangular shape scarf), however, works nicely folded and worn through belt loops of low-waisted jeans then tied with a simple knot. There is still a little bit of fabric hanging beyond the knot.

Thanks I want a twilly for now b/c I think I can use it as a belt (unless I'm being delusional) and headband as well. I think I'll have more fun with it.

I haven't seen a twilly worn as a belt yet. It is not very long. I once tried tying it around my true waist (as opposed to low waist in belt loops) and making a knot but then there wasn't much fabric left.

The pointu (triangular shape scarf), however, works nicely folded and worn through belt loops of low-waisted jeans then tied with a simple knot. There is still a little bit of fabric hanging beyond the knot.

:Push: I thought I could get away with it b/c I wear my Pucci sqaures at the natural waist. I don't really mind if there's not much fabric dangling as long as it ties. But, maybe not -- and I'm not too sure of the specs of the Puccis to compare. Thanks for the info about the pointus! I will check it out and let you know what I decide. I think I'll be happy either way. :wlae: