Vert Thyme Day -- modeling pics and close ups

Looks good drati! I like the thought of keeping her! ;p

Jo_ee, was it your magenta that was very dry and you had to keep moisturising and only getting mediocre results? I cannot remember now if it was you.

I don't like the idea of starting out with leather that's less than perfect. My rouille was a little dry but moisturising has helped and she's fine now. But she wasn't veiny like this vt!

I'm still tending towards returning her (haven't sent her off yet) but it's lovely to read all these positive comments about the colour and how it suits me. :jammin:

ah. but that's cos my pocket is not deep enuf, you see ;)

oh what spray are you using? don't recall reading about it or i might've forgotten to ask. yes, i think you may want to protect rouille city's handles regularly. i tend to handcarry my city as well. i tried LMB for handles and i suspect it stained my city's handles a little. it could be that i didn't do enuf preparatory work before applying it. guess there's always a risk, even for tried and tested products. i thought apple care was more superior in this area but you should check the care & feed threads for any new reviews :yes:

I'm using what I can get here locally, Warproo, some other European brand, even Mr Mint spray. All the sprays work fine and have not changed the colour or feel of the leather in any way. But I am not sure spraying is enough protection for handles.

I hadn't heard of darkening with LMB. I think it makes sense to use a product that is worked INTO the leather handles rather than something sprayed on top. I'm sure the spray gets worn off the handle really quickly and I don't really want to spray my bags on a weekly basis.

My pockets ain't so deep either, that's why we have to make these decisions sometimes!

A few more pictures. :smile:

vt3408.jpg

vt3408-1.jpg

vt3408-2.jpg

vt3408-3.jpg

^^^ I love hearing stories about balbags, how we use them, our attachment to them etc etc so not at all long -- thanks for sharing.

So I'm reading between the lines that if you didn't have to pass her on you would have liked using her? Hm, maybe I just have to pack this day up a send it on its way so I don't get attached to it. Alas, you bunch of enablers, not a single person said, yuck, what an awful bag, send her away as quickly as you can. :shrugs:

Last year I ordered a Truffe Twiggy and as soon as I stuck my hand in the dustbag I KNEW it was going back. The leather felt like plastic. It was beyond ugly. I had no second thoughts about it.

With the o8 leather there have been so many mixed reviews, that I didn't know if I sent it back if a "worse" leather would be sent back in her replace. The VT City is the same as yours - it's not dry at all, it's just SO thick that it makes it not as smooshy or soft feeling as my other bbags. I'm not sure if this makes sense :confused1:

It sincerely does look really good on you, though :tup:

I really love that bag on you! :tup: it looks so good with gray. Is the bag a keeper now?

LOL, you can see I haven't taken the tags off. I haven't used her yet and can still return her but I'm falling in love with it more and more and would really miss it if it went, I think. I'm also starting to realise that the leather isn't actually bad (I have seen pictures of much drier, more veiny vert thymes), just different. If it was dry she'd go back but it's not dry (just the handle, but that's easy to fix) and it will probably actually wear in just fine.

So, hm, not sure yet but now am thinking more about keeping her. :okay:

Thanks for your compliment.

Last year I ordered a Truffe Twiggy and as soon as I stuck my hand in the dustbag I KNEW it was going back. The leather felt like plastic. It was beyond ugly. I had no second thoughts about it.

With the o8 leather there have been so many mixed reviews, that I didn't know if I sent it back if a "worse" leather would be sent back in her replace. The VT City is the same as yours - it's not dry at all, it's just SO thick that it makes it not as smooshy or soft feeling as my other bbags. I'm not sure if this makes sense :confused1:

It sincerely does look really good on you, though :tup:

Let's hope that these bags wear in really well (might just take some time) and last forever then, OK? :tup:

Thanks for your sweet comment. :yes:

drati, i think you should keep your VT Day!!! it is GORGEOUS on you!!!

I have learnt something. Don't go and take modeling pics and keep looking at a bag you think you are returning. You'll end up :love: her too much to send her away.

Thanks for all the nice compliments -- I think you're right, she's too nice to send back, despite leather freckles/pen marks (I'm sure AR is right, it's spots in the leather, not pen) and funky leather. :girlsigh:

Binky, I love your sig, btw. :tup: