Do you have a fax machine?

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
At least twice this week companies I was ordering from or otherwise doing business with asked if I had a fax machine. When I said no-they acted shocked.

So-tell me, do you have a fax machine in your home?

And, if so, is it there due to business purposes or sheerly for personal use? Am I out of touch, should I run out and buy one?

No, I dont have a fax at home! I've only known one other person who ever had a fax in their home just "for the fun of it" and that was like over 15 years ago, when fax machines first came out!

Nope. I've never known anyone with a purely dedicated home fax either. I had one friend w/ a cast off from her mother's accounting office that she hooked up when she needed it. I don't even have a home phone so I couldn't have a fax!

My parents have one but I don't. I'm surprised with the frequency that businesses use fax machines these days. My office has one but we don't use it nearly as often as just scanning a document and emailing it. The quality of faxes is so crappy anyway.

I have a fax machine. I don't use it often but it has come in handy a few times when I needed to send a document that wasn't available in electronic format. I will definitely keep it.

yes and it's a copier too.: it's by DELL. sure comes in handy especially with school age kids. DH uses it for personal and business. even bought both college sons a similar one for their dorm rooms. the copier is essential in college. money well spent.

Yes, we have one. It is one of those HP fax/printer/scanner/copier models. It is for business and personal use. I use the fax ~3 times per month. I can fax out, but no one can successfuly fax in because of the answering machine I have hooked up. I wish I could get the dang thing to work right, lol!