Cotton Scarves

susanvon

susanvon
O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
Does anyone know if Hermes is making the cotton scarves for SS '08? I saw a photo of one on another post and it was the Indian theme and was purchased in NYC. I was told by the Directrice of my Hermes store here in VA last year that they were discontinued. Does anyone know if they were discontinued just here in the US or worldwide? I will be in Europe in 3 weeks and have the opporutnity to shop at 6 Hermes stores. So the question is, should I try to find them here or in Europe?
Thanks for any help.
susanvon

I saw lots at the H boutiques here in Switzerland. There was the multicolor Brides de Gala (similar to the small cashmere scarves) with various colorways. I've only seen them recently so they're probably for SS 2008.

Yes, they're being made in a few styles. I picked up the mini Brides de Gala the last time I was at the store. The colorway I got was so interesting that I couldn't resist. They were loaded with the others. They also had plenty of the India-themed scarves as well.

There are a number of new cotton scarves in the F/W 08 group. Some of them have a small charm on one corner. I've seen a few in my boutique, though I've never really looked at any of them close up.

Thanks everyone. I have the tennis and brides de gala already, but love the casse de India, espeically the colors. Great for summer here in hot and humid DC. Will get one tomorrow at Hermes here in the fake Vienna, VA.
susanvon