Authenticate This Chanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^^^ Mon are U still around? - I need your opinion. What do you think about Maddie's classic flap?

My only concerns:

The leather pull is not the correct color (does not match color of hardware, but the seller may have changed it)

The engraving on the snap - just never seen, but it may be okay.

Otherwise I see no red flags.

Thanks a lot:smile: should the leather pull be red like the interior? and do you know what this model is called?

^^^^^^^^^ Mon are U still around? - I need your opinion. What do you think about Mette classic flap?

My only concerns:

The leather pull is not the correct color (does not match color of hardware, but the seller may have changed it)

The engraving on the snap - just never seen, but it may be okay.

Otherwise I see no red flags. It looks like that vintage special edition bag.

Michele, I'm also concerned about the interlocking CC's on the front, they look truncated.:tdown:

Do you not have any concerns about the backplate holding the CC closure? The font on CHANEL and PARIS looks wrong to me, and that shape I always thought indicated a fake.:shrugs:

Thanks a lot:smile: should the leather pull be red like the interior? and do you know what this model is called?

The leather tab usually matches the color of the zipper/hardware. For example, if the zipper is red, the pull is red. If the zipper is black, the leather pull is black.

I don't think this bag had a name, but it technically is a version of the classic flap.

Michele, I'm also concerned about the interlocking CC's on the front, they look truncated.:tdown:

Do you not have any concerns about the backplate holding the CC closure? The font on CHANEL and PARIS looks wrong to me, and that shape I always thought indicated a fake.:shrugs:

I noticed that too, but I am not 100% sure about the plate. I thought maybe it had to do with it being a special edition. (If it is the real version of the special edition bag).

Should we sent a PM to Sophie to take a look or no? I am afraid it may get lost in the shuffle if we just wait for her opinion.

I noticed that too, but I am not 100% sure about the plate. I thought maybe it had to do with it being a special edition. (If it is the real version of the special edition bag).

Should we sent a PM to Sophie to take a look? I am afraid it may get lost in the shuffle if we just wait for her opinion.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'd like to have Sophie's input.

Should we sent a PM to Sophie to take a look? I am afraid it may get lost in the shuffle if we just wait for her opinion.

I'd appreciate that, 'cause now I'm getting all anxious about it not being authentic:confused1:

maybe I should take it to the Chanel store here in London, do you know if the chanel shops are normally willing to authenticate your bags? Thanks, Mette

I'd appreciate that, 'cause now I'm getting all anxious about it not being authentic:confused1:

maybe I should take it to the Chanel store here in London, do you know if the chanel shops are normally willing to authenticate your bags? Thanks, Mette

If you are lucky, they may give you a verbal authentication, but usually they don't. Burberryprncess who is probably sleeping right now, would know in a matter of seconds. She has alot of experience in older vintage style bags. Maybe you could PM her, or if you want me too, let me know. You really just need to give her the number or link to your threads and have her take a look. She is probably more experienced than most SA's since alot don't deal or don't know the markings of older vintage bags.

This one is just throwing me off a little. Don't try to worry about it just quite yet.

If you are lucky, they may give you a verbal authentication, but usually they don't. Burberry_Princess who is probably sleeping right now, would know in a matter of seconds. She has alot of experience in older vintage style bags. Maybe you could PM her, and give her the number to the threads and have her take a look. She is probably more experienced than most SA's since alot don't deal with older vintage bags.

This one is just throwing me off a little.

I'll do that & cross my fingers, thank you both for your help:smile:

hi burberryprncess here's the interior photos of the purse.
sorry some of them are not that clear. Ill post more vissible photos asap

dsc04569co6.jpg

dsc04606bh9.jpg

dsc04643tj5.jpg

dsc04670jx5.jpg
dsc04614uk4.jpg

hi MCAR_CORONEL, i've got 2 of this bag in the same style.. looks auth to me :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.