Question about tangerine

addictedtopurses

Stars Hollow
O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
I just received a tangerine mam from LB and was wondering if anyone else has a tangerine MAM from there? Does your leather smell different/weird? I can't explain it, but the tangerine doesn't have the same fresh leather smell as my ruby MAM.

My RM had a little smell to it when i first got it too. It has something to do with the glazing process. Any of the bags that have the glaze on it have a slight stink to it. SOme of the girls recommended putting dryer sheets in it, and leaving it outside for a few hrs. Mine didn't really bother me much, and has faded out a lot in the past few weeks i've been using it.

I have the Tangerine MAM, and I know what you mean. It doesn't smell "weird" to me, but it doesn't smell anything like any of my other RM bags. I think this has to do with some sort of glazing process on the Tangerine leather(since it does have a bit of a glazed finish). Not certain on this, but just a thought.

My RM had a little smell to it when i first got it too. It has something to do with the glazing process. Any of the bags that have the glaze on it have a slight stink to it. SOme of the girls recommended putting dryer sheets in it, and leaving it outside for a few hrs. Mine didn't really bother me much, and has faded out a lot in the past few weeks i've been using it.

Thanks. I was wondering if it was the glaze b/c I don't think the ruby has a glaze.
If that's all it is, then I am happy b/c I love the color. It is a fun neutral!

I have the Tangerine MAM, and I know what you mean. It doesn't smell "weird" to me, but it doesn't smell anything like any of my other RM bags. I think this has to do with some sort of glazing process on the Tangerine leather(since it does have a bit of a glazed finish). Not certain on this, but just a thought.

thanks for your reply! I love how quickly the girls in this forum jump in to help each other.

When, I said weird, I guess I just meant strong and less leather like. I'm betting it's the glaze and am airing it out right now!