Hello from new poster to this forum!

Hello Goldenflower!!! Oooooh nice dilemma!! As you may have read there seems to be Mabel and Roxanne fever sweeping across this forum at the mo,very similar to foot and mouth disease.Everyone talks about said bag,and then runs round trying to find it!!!

But Flossie is right,if you can't get to the outlets,then snap a red Mabel now,but I would go for a middle sized one,it pretty much the same dimensions of a Roxy,which you'll know as you have one,the large one is just ginormous!!!

Ps,you're never too old to tote a Roxy!!:winkiss:

Goldenflower - You can always call up one of the US stores and see if they can get you a red Mabel. Don't know where you are, but the SA's at the stores are very helpful and will get you a bag from the UK. Plus you don't have to pay custom charges that way. I believe it is cheaper to go thru a store than the website becaus of the extra custom fees.

Anyway, hope this helps and BTW I am 48 and am wanting a Roxy, so you are def not too old!!! Seeing as how I am not too far behind you!! LOL

ooh need to edit that banned joke!!

Hello Goldenflower!!! Oooooh nice dilemma!! As you may have read there seems to be Mabel and Roxanne fever sweeping across this forum at the mo,very similar to foot and mouth disease.Everyone talks about said bag,and then runs round trying to find it!!!!

I have not yet caught up with the posts about Roxanne fever, but definitely noticed that a few others are wanting a Mabel, too!

But Flossie is right,if you can't get to the outlets,then snap a red Mabel now,but I would go for a middle sized one,it pretty much the same dimensions of a Roxy,which you'll know as you have one,the large one is just ginormous!!!

I don't think we have any outlets in the U.S. - is that correct? I'd sure love NOT to have to pay $1400 for a bag, so I wish there were outlets here. I'm going to go upstairs momentarily & get Roxy out of her bag and check her out again, size-wise. She's been put away for a while, so I've forgotten.

I don't know how to attach a photo in a post, but I know somewhere on here I saw a photo of Keira Knightly with a red Mabel and though it said it was a "large". Anyone know for sure? I thought the large Mabel looked really wonderful on her, and I'm definitely taller than she is - that's why I was going for the large. But I will definitely check out my Roxy and check dimensions with the Mulberry store. That's IF I can find the Mabel in red.

Ps,you're never too old to tote a Roxy!!:winkiss:

You know, I don't feel old and I'm told (by those trying to curry favor, obviously! :P) that I look 10 years younger than I am but for some reason, the Roxy seems too young for me at the moment. Maybe I will totally NOT think that once I get her out again! :upsidedown:

Goldenflower - You can always call up one of the US stores and see if they can get you a red Mabel. Don't know where you are, but the SA's at the stores are very helpful and will get you a bag from the UK. Plus you don't have to pay custom charges that way. I believe it is cheaper to go thru a store than the website becaus of the extra custom fees.

Anyway, hope this helps and BTW I am 48 and am wanting a Roxy, so you are def not too old!!! Seeing as how I am not too far behind you!! LOL

ooh need to edit that banned joke!!

I got my Bayswater from one of the U.S. Mulberry stores and my Roxy from Barney's. I've never actually ordered from Mulberry's web site - Do you have to pay duty on purchases made there? That would totally stink!

Now you are definitely not too old for a Roxy! LOL I think I was 48 when I got mine. What color do you like? I don't know if they make it in red but that would be totally amazing. I also like the black one (and oak too, since that's what I chose). Hope you can get one soon.

Don't order from the web site, call one of the stores. I just bought the Jody in seville and one of the cat keyrings which they had to get from the UK. US Atlantic City gave me the keyring at 30% off and no tax or custom fees, just the shipping. The keyring was not advertised on sale, so I was very pleasantly surprised.
And to answer your question, I like all the colors... which is really bad!!

If you look on the Roxanne thread, there are pics of some amazing looking colors. Have fun deciding!!!!

If you can fund more bags without selling then keep the black bays AND get an oak one then you've got all the bases covered- and then of course you'll need the red mabel for those days when you want a bit of colour!!!
Although you are wanting a red mabel now, you never know what Mulberry may produce in the next autumn/winter collection so it's always difficult to knwo whether to wait or just to grab what you like when you see it. Not being much help am i?????

Wow Jo, I never knew you were such an enabler :P. Maybe that's why I'm now the proud owner of an Antony :lol:

Well 'Ello Flower (sorry Brit humour) :welcome: and welcome to the mad house. Totally off topice but just thought I think we need a smilie in a straight jacket.

I think you're right about the black bays being a total classic, I do think you need to take it out for a spin though. Doesn't even need to be anywhere special, just throw on some jeans and go for a coffee staring at yourself whenever you walk past shop windows to see how fab you look. :P

I saw the red Mabel today and I must be the only one not fussed at all on it!!

Lordy, I wish I wasn't fussed about it! I do love red - and I like plainer bags (hate logos) so maybe that explains some of my obsession.

kroquet said:
Don't order from the web site, call one of the stores. I just bought the Jody in seville and one of the cat keyrings which they had to get from the UK. US Atlantic City gave me the keyring at 30% off and no tax or custom fees, just the shipping. The keyring was not advertised on sale, so I was very pleasantly surprised.
And to answer your question, I like all the colors... which is really bad!!

If you look on the Roxanne thread, there are pics of some amazing looking colors. Have fun deciding!!!!

Eeep! I just did call a store. And they did have the red Mabel, in the large size. The dimensions are 10"H x 15"W x 6"D and she said (hope she's right!) that it was the one in the photo of Keira Knightly. I should have it by the end of this week (yes, I'm Miss Lack of Willpower) and if it's too big or I just don't like it, I can return it within 14 days.

She said they will not be making red again for fall '08, at least as far as she knows. The two colors she said Mabel will be in for fall are a marine blue (OMG! that would be fabulous) and fuchsia! Also, she said the Bayswater for fall '08 will be in tangerine and magenta. *Marks calendar to cut up credit cards on August 1st*

Flower - way to go!!! From the dimensions, I think the bag will be perfect size.

Aren't you just too excited??? The SA's in the stores are so nice and helpful. Good luck and Congrats!!!! BTW - marine blue sounds really nice

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hi Goldenflower - welcome to the Mulberry girls' gang - I love the fact you think we're all like Bridget Jones here - actually sums up our humour spot on I would say.
I am so envious of your red Mabel, I am searching for a medium one right now.

Hi Goldenflower - welcome to the Mulberry girls' gang - I love the fact you think we're all like Bridget Jones here - actually sums up our humour spot on I would say.
I am so envious of your red Mabel, I am searching for a medium one right now.

I suppose I'm the Mulberry Bridget Jones, 30 something singleton, totally crap with blokes, I do own big (pull em in iron) knickers, I keep a diary (well a trg diary), I am doing better than the real Bridge Jones though, I've gone off Chardonnay but love Sav Blanc and no longer smoke :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I suppose I'm the Mulberry Bridget Jones, 30 something singleton, totally crap with blokes, I do own big (pull em in iron) knickers, I keep a diary (well a trg diary), I am doing better than the real Bridge Jones though, I've gone off Chardonnay but love Sav Blanc and no longer smoke :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Snap re the big knickers! Guess I'd be the married friend who takes her to get the dress (ghastly gold number) for the lawyers' dinner! I do tend to get into terrible scrapes like Bridge though! :nuts:

Oooo me too, usually 'cos of me gob, especially after a glass or two of Sav Blanc. re big knicks, I had to lay down to pull mine on - reminded me of the eighties skinny (Dollar) jeans I couldn't stop laughing.

Ooooh, remember trying to pull the zip up on jeans with a metal coathanger? I actually sat in a bath to shrink my jeans - how barmy were we!
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Mental image is hysterical!!!!

I remember laying down to zip the wranglers and how hard it was to put the boots on!!! Surprised I didn't crack a rib!!!:nuts: