Church Ladies Raffle Off A Goach!!!

LIblue

Dona Nobis Pacem
Mar 29, 2007
When I went to church today there was a group of ladies with a bake sale and raffle table. The money they raised was all going to a charitable cause so I decided to buy some raffles. It was the kind of raffle where you put your tickets in the bucket for the particular prizes you are interested in. One of the ladies looks at my Atlantic Miranda and tells me that since I must love Coach bags I should put in for the Coach wristlet they have. She told me that her DIL donated it to the cause. OMGosh, this THING was an awful Goach wristlet with the worst fake fabric I have ever seen! I must have gotten a stricken look on my face :sick: because she asked me if I was feeling OK! haha. I decided to just keep my mouth shut and said that I would leave that for someone else to win and then I put my tickets in for other prizes. I kinda feel guilty for not speaking up but I know they would have just gotten really mad at me and would have still given it as a prize. :sad:

Ugh! Im not sure I would have been able to stay hush.

quote=Bag&ShoeLover;5826576]It was fake Coach day when I was in the grocery store today. I can't stand it. I seem to be watching all the bags and picking out the fakes left and right.[/quote]

I do that too, yesterday I went about 10 different places, and saw about 20 different fake bags!:yucky: My SO has even started to point them out!

Ugh! Im not sure I would have been able to stay hush.

quote=Bag&ShoeLover;5826576]It was fake Coach day when I was in the grocery store today. I can't stand it. I seem to be watching all the bags and picking out the fakes left and right.

I do that too, yesterday I went about 10 different places, and saw about 20 different fake bags!:yucky: My SO has even started to point them out![/quote]

I LOVE when my SO can point out fake bags...it means he is paying attention to me when I explain the differences btwn fake and real. :tup:

I'm never sure when to speak up or not. I won't say anything unless the TOPIC of conversation is bags in general... like, if the other person asks if I like her bag or something (cousin) DUH, I'll say "no" and I'll tell her exactly why (it's fake w/ an explanation of why I hate fakes). She stopped bringing up bags with me for the most part now. :smile:

It was fake Coach day when I was in the grocery store today. I can't stand it. I seem to be watching all the bags and picking out the fakes left and right.

My friends laugh at me when I point out the fakes and then ask, "how did you know that?", and I just rattle off a few points and they seem to be amazed...not sure why, it's not that hard! :shrugs:

I would have had a really hard time not saying something. Especially since you could consider a fake/counterfeit as the sin of stealing. Fakes are stealing the good name and reputation of real companies. No different than counterfeit CDs or DVDs.