My White 2005 Hamptons Weekend Hobo is now YELLOW

Fendi84NJ

purselove
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
Have you ever had a nightmare bag??

Back in 2005, for my birthday, I got a Hampton Weekends Hobo (that cloth material) in white. Back then the prices on those bags were cheaper than now, I think it was $160 full price retail. I liked that collection because I was a college student and was only allowed to choose bags under $200 for my birthday.

The bag was a nightmare all along. I felt like every time I used it, it had to be cleaned after. It was just the nature of the material. Probably if I got a bag like this now, I would have tried to bring it back or something, but I was less informed then and DID like the style a lot, I was just mad how dirty it would get.

Well, needless to say, this bag hasn't been used in over a year...but yesterday I was going through dust bags, seeing if there was anything I could sell from my older collection to fund my new love for all leather bags...and this bag was YELLOW in many spots. Not just the fabric...but also the leather handle!!

This kind of upsets me that something Coach would turn yellow in only 3 years. I know there is nothing I can do about it now, but just needed to vent.

I obviously can't sell this bag...and wouldn't even give it to anyone for free because it looks that gross. It's probably going in the trash...just such a shame, I have given a few older items away to cousins lately and it really made them happy, they are teenagers or tweens and can't afford this stuff. Seems like such a waste to throw a designer bag out.

Not actually sure what the point of my rant was. But only you gals would understand so thanks for listening.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

In my experience, Coach stands behind its product and if this was my bag, I'd send it to Coach. I doubt that your bag can be repaired but they may send you a credit toward a new bag.

Thanks gals!

I would never even think for them to look at it.

I definately understand them not being able to fix it or give me full price or anything...but even a small gift card or credit as compensation would be awesome.

i agree, coach is known for how they stand behind their products, i would send it back to them. this is a warranty problem. the bag was in its dust cover, that should not have happened, specifically the leather handles.

How do I go about this?? bring it into a store??

or actually send it to someone at JAX??
You can do it either way. If you take it to a boutique they will send it in for you and they may waive the $20 repair fee. Or, you can send it yourself with the fee. If you are close to a boutique I think you should take it there.

I brought my bag with broken stitches to the coach outlet and they sent it in for me to JAX. Ask for a manager so maybe they will waive the fee, I think it costs $20 to send in a bag for repair but I asked for the manager and they sent it in for free for me.