Confused with Paypal!

KawaiiMira

Mood: Blah.
O.G.
Feb 28, 2007
Ok, this is going to be a long story, so bear with me.

Last week I had bidded on a Lrg. Carly through eBay. At the time, my paypal address showed that my home address was confirmed, but my shipping address was unconfirmed (I live in an apt complex and don't trust to have my packages sent here). So, after having read that the Seller only ships to confirmed addresses, I got worried, because I didn't want it shipped to my apt. So I emailed the seller right away to explain the situation. So after some emails back and forth, my payment finally cleared, and she shipped my package. When I looked at the shipping address, the seller shipped it to the unconfirmed address (yay for me, I guess). After that I was confused, because the seller clearly stated that they would NOT ship to an unconfirmed address, yet they did (so I thought).

So, after seeing the post for a purse organizer, I went to eBay again to buy and use paypal again to pay for it. This time though, my once unconfirmed shipping address listed itself as a confirmed address. I was like WTF? Not a week earlier it was unconfirmed and caused me to freak out.

The only thing I could think is that I had changed my shipping address to a gift address. My home address is confirmed, but again, it's an apt and i don't like my packages being sent there. Another theory I had is that the previous purchase was over $200.00, as apposed to my current purchase of under $20.00. Idk!

So, my question - Is there a reason behind all of this? Or did my changing it from a shipping to a gift address make the difference? Maybe the price of the item? Help!

:sos:

It's ok. I cannot wrap my head around it either. My SO thinks I should just stop worrying about why and just accept the way it is. I always like to know the reasons behind things.... so you can see why I don't want to just "drop it". lol.

Ebay is doing a lot of things beyond all our understanding lately, I suggest if it's working for you, NOT to question them about stuff you don't want them ending up messing around with. If it's not broken don't fix it.

So, after seeing the post for a purse organizer, I went to eBay again to buy and use paypal again to pay for it. This time though, my once unconfirmed shipping address listed itself as a confirmed address. I was like WTF? Not a week earlier it was unconfirmed and caused me to freak out.

I *think* Paypal may have simply defaulted your shipping address to be just as valid as your confirmed (home/Apt.) address. They are in the process of doing that for the expanded seller protection program. The sellers who were invited to test it out (the expanded use program) no longer require to ship to confirmed addresses, we can ship anywhere as long as the buyer states the address thru the eBay invoice and confirms it one more time with Paypal before sending payment.

Ok I hope that wasn't too confusing :lol:

I *think* Paypal may have simply defaulted your shipping address to be just as valid as your confirmed (home/Apt.) address. They are in the process of doing that for the expanded seller protection program. The sellers who were invited to test it out (the expanded use program) no longer require to ship to confirmed addresses, we can ship anywhere as long as the buyer states the address thru the eBay invoice and confirms it one more time with Paypal before sending payment.

Ok I hope that wasn't too confusing :lol:

No, that makes sense.

I didn't want to contact Paypal, simply because if it was a mistake (in my favor), then they would try and "fix" it (like angelah pointed out).

Anywho, it's being sent to the address I wanted it to be sent in the first place. My future in-laws will take care of the package until I can get around to picking it up.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive! :sweatdrop: