Double compartment reissue or Puzzle flap?

dinozly

May 22, 2007
I always want a navy patent double compartment reissue, but haven't decided whether to go with the double compartment reissue or the puzzle flap? I heard from Bloomie that they will have the puzzle flap coming in both medium and large size (both black & navy) next month. However, I've already bought a double compartment one from a Chanel boutique. Should I keep the double compartment reissue or wait for the puzzle flap?:confused1:

Please give me some advise. Thanks a lot!

I say navy too. Although I am biased - I have it hehe. Pic attached.

It is a bit bulkier than my other reissues but honestly when you see the colour IRL it is amazing. It's kind of a shimmery navy under the patent - Lebagfairy has posted pics of hers too which are in a better light than mine and probably a bit more true to the colour, so do a quick search. I like the way it looks a bit different to the "standard" flaps and you can fit more in but it's still a dainty bag size-wise.

I saw the puzzle in Manchester and in 2 sizes in Berlin on Saturday. It comes in classic flap and a "flap over" style which is a bit similar to an accordion style and bigger than the classic. I saw the black and to be honest it really didn't grab me at all and I am a Chanel FREAK!! :P The puzzle embroidery just doesn't do it justice and i thought it was more of a "trend" bag which i knew i would go off in a couple of months. I also attach the other style of the puzzle which I think looks bad, but I guess that's just me. I posted info re the sizes and costs in the "coco's puzzle available in Manchester" thread in the chanel shopping forum so have a look at that too - there are pics of the black too.

The navy looks like a real classic and screams style to me....

But whichever floats your boat! :yes:

sorry that's become an essay!

Attachments

• patent.jpg
    patent.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 291
  • cocospuzzle.jpg
    cocospuzzle.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 185
Hi Poshhoney,

Thank you so much for the pictures and your advice. I do love the color of the navy double compartment flap. But the SA @ Bloomie told me that the puzzle also comes in navy patent. I think I need to go to the store to take a look before making any decisions. Thanks again!

I saw the puzzle flap this weekend in red, navy, and black and it's STUNNING! If I had the funds, I'd snap it up in red...and this is coming from someone who normally hates patent!!!

As Posh Honey mentioned, I also have the navy reissue so I am biased as well. I think the reissue is more classic and it doesn't look too bulky and looks the same from the front as a regular reissue.

I would keep the double compartment, because while the puzzle flap is done in the classic reissue flap style, IMO, the puzzle print doesn't seem as classic for some reason. But you should check it out when it comes in... Perhaps you will end up completely loving it in person and all those other factors won't matter? ;)

I would go with what you have had wanted in the first place. So the Navy...

You may regret if you don't get it.

As for the puzzle flap. I have the classic black and love it. But if there was a bag that I was dying for and didn't get I would be crushed. Thank god my purchase was impulse and I wasn't pining over another bag at the time.

Good Luck!!

Thank you all so much for helping me. I went to the Chanel boutique yesterday during the lunch break and saw a black and a red puzzle flap. Just as some of you mentioned, it's not that classic.

What I want is a navy patent reissue - probably in 226/227 size. Now I am thinking whether I should be more patient - wait for next season's new reissue or keep this one. Such a hard decision!

Thank you all so much for helping me. I went to the Chanel boutique yesterday during the lunch break and saw a black and a red puzzle flap. Just as some of you mentioned, it's not that classic.

could you pls tell me what you thought of the red? is it fire engine red or a burgundy red? thanks!