Jimmy Choo which one would you choose?

Oct 29, 2007
I'm stuck in a bind. I want to make my first purchase on a Jimmy Choo but can't decide between the Mahala and Ramona! Which do you prefer? They're both so cute. And also, does the Ramona come in patent as well? I'm open to all suggestions! :yes:

I think the Mahala is soooo much cuter than the Ramona. It is also easier to get in and out of. I have a Riki and that is the one thing I really dislike about it! It has that strap that goes over the top of the bag and is always clunking on things when you try to get stuff out.
Actually I prefer the Maddy (smaller Mahala) size.

I have both, and I prefer the Ramona--it's a bit larger. They're both great bags though, and you can't go wrong.

There is a "slick" Ramona, in red, and I think white, but I'm not sure about the other colors.

^^LOL....posting at the same time!

Yes, the strap on the Ramona can be kind of annoying, but usually I just reach around it.

And I have the Maddy too, which I love love love. It is great if you are looking for a handheld purse size.

I love the Mahala. I think a great choice for a first bag. What color are you thinking of?? I LOVE the dark wine/ruby colored one!!! My SA at choo keeps telling me to buy the yellow/camel one too! will be a great bag for the summer.

I really want a black Mahana or Ramona. I was considering the Maddy but I think it will be too small because I want a shoulder bag and I'm kind of tall. Also I think Reese in this pic (middle pic) is carrying a Mahana(correct me if I'm wrong) but I really like her color as well. Is is brown? Im color blind, lol.
67993677_o.jpg

Btw, are the Mahana and Ramona considered Jimmy Choo's classic bags? Will they be in style for a while. When did they come out? Because I like getting classic designer bags so I don't kick them to the curb when the trend it out, cause I'm paying way too much to carry it for one season. KWIM?

Sorry for the billion of questions...I'm clueless when it comes to Jimmy Choo!

Anyways, thanks for all of your help!!!

Hello and welcome I Heart Chanel! The Ramona has been around for a while and is still going strong. The Mahala is newer but the shape and hardware are pretty simple and appealing. I have a hard time imagining it looking dated anytime soon. I love classic bags too, but Jimmy Choo bags add alot of glam to an outfit that can sometimes be missing with the "classics". I think it is nice to have a good mix.I would find it to be a tough choice to pick a style out of the two. I own two Mahalas, two Ramonas and a Maddy. I love them all! If I had to start from scratch though, I would probably look at both styles and see the leathers and colors that are available and go for the one I fell in love with. Good luck and we always enjoy helping a Choo newbie become a full blown addict!

Resse's Mahala is the very coveted Red that is no longer available.

That is a tough choice, both are great bags. I have a slight preference for the Mahala and I prefer the smaller size Riki to the Ramona. The Mahala is very easy to get in and out of and has lots of great pockets and zip compartments. I own 2 Mahalas and 1 Riki. Good luck!!

I own the Riki in chocolate brown. As previously mentioned, the Riki is just a smaller version of the Ramona. I have to tell you, it is really luxe looking and feeling. It is truly one of the best purchases I have ever made. Because I am only 5'1" I was reluctant to get the larger Ramona, but if I had it to do over, I would go with the bigger of the two bags. I find that I now that I have made the transition to larger bags, I tend to carry more stuff.

The Ramona does come in patent leather. Patent is very hot this season.

Try on the Ramona and the Mahala at the Jimmy Choo boutique, take out the dunnage, put your stuff inside. Closely examine the design features, ask yourself if there is anything about either style that would bug you; from there you should be able to make your decision.

Jimmy Choo makes extraordinary bags. By year-end I am hoping to add two more bags to my Jimmy Choo collection, for a total of four.

After reading through this thread and having both Ramonas and Mahalas...you need to get one of each. They are very different and each have their own beauty.

After reading through this thread and having both Ramonas and Mahalas...you need to get one of each. They are very different and each have their own beauty.

I wish!!! If I had the $, then this would not be a problem. Well, I guess I'll have to go to the boutique and see which one fits me the best. And if they both look good on me, I'm screwed! LOL.

I'll keep you updated with my purchase...you all have been so helpful! :flowers: