Is $500 a good price for a LV Speedy 30?

Kpassa

Mar 20, 2008
There is a lady selling a LV Speedy 30 for $500 with the receipt, she says you can take it back to LV and exchange it for something else $650 or greater. Is that worth it or would it be better to keep the bag? It's a local sale so I could pick it up, take it right to a store and make sure it's authentic.

im not sure if your alking about a ebay auction but if you are or if it's someone in your area i would not buy it for $500 thats a lot for a bag that isn't brand you...i would just put in the extra $$$ and get a new one directly from LV

If she told you that you can exchange it for somethign worth up to $650 at the LV store does that mean that it is brand new? In that case it is a good deal...but why doesn't she just go exchange it herself?

Too suspicious. I would just pay the extra $ and buy the LV from the store. Why wouldn't she just exchange it herself? $500 is not a good deal for a used LV.

If she told you that you can exchange it for somethign worth up to $650 at the LV store does that mean that it is brand new? In that case it is a good deal...but why doesn't she just go exchange it herself?

I don't think they will give her cash back, only an exchange. She wants cash. No, it's not an Ebay auction just a classified ad. Here is how she worded it:

I have brand new:
Key& Change Holder $160 I would take $100
Speedy 30 $650 I would take $500 this purse comes with the receipt and can be exchanged for something of equal or greater value.
So you would gain and extra $150 by purchasing from me.
www.louisvuitton.com You can go to the website to double check or get a look at the items.
Hate to let them go but I am not using them!

In the SF store you can only get store credit, and that's only within 14 days of the sale. I also agree that you'd be better off buying new or on eBay (get anything authenticated on the boards first).

If I were you, since it is a local deal I would make her go with you to the store and make sure this deal is legit. If it is legit and you can exchange it for something else worth $650. Then it is a really good deal. If she is not willing to go with you that should tell you something about the deal.

I don't think they will give her cash back, only an exchange. She wants cash. No, it's not an Ebay auction just a classified ad. Here is how she worded it:

I have brand new:
Key& Change Holder $160 I would take $100
Speedy 30 $650 I would take $500 this purse comes with the receipt and can be exchanged for something of equal or greater value.
So you would gain and extra $150 by purchasing from me.
www.louisvuitton.com You can go to the website to double check or get a look at the items.
Hate to let them go but I am not using them!

I think you should ask her when the purchase was made because the bag can only be returned for a store credit/exchange if it's still within the "return period". I think the return period is within 30 days after purchase but please check with the ladies in the LV forum. Hope this helps.