Kohl’s to Sell Elle-Branded Clothing

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
FB_KohlsDress_E.jpg

Kohl’s, as part of a broad effort to distinguish itself from rival department stores, is expected to announce Wednesday a multiyear deal with the publisher of Elle magazine to design and sell an exclusive line of Elle-branded women’s clothing.

The clothes, which will be stocked at 300 Kohl’s stores this spring and will be sold chainwide by 2008, will include jeans, Capri pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, woven and knit tops, and jackets aimed at 25- to 35-year-olds. Prices will generally be in the middle range of what is found in a Kohl’s department store, with dresses priced at $40 and coats at $30, for example.

The agreement follows exclusive deals that the Menomonee Falls, Wis., retailer has signed with designer Vera Wang to produce midprice clothing and Food Network to sell its branded kitchenware.

Other stores are also working on exclusive lines. Rival J.C. Penney Co. is developing two new proprietary apparel brands with Liz Claiborne Inc., and Macy’s parent Federated Department Stores Inc. has an exclusive line of Martha Stewart housewares in the works.

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but I was recently in a Kohl's (I rarely go there) and was pleasantly surprised by these pieces. There is an adorable colorblock dress and cute jackets, too. The fabric is not the best quality, but for a $35 dress it isn't bad. Has anyone else seen or tried these pieces?

^ No, but I am going to check it out this week. I never bought any of the Simply Vera stuff b/c I never went, but Kohl's is reasonable for the price, esp. for basics like work sweaters/tops that I wash a ton and wear out quickly no matter what.

The Vera Wang pieces are way too long and/or swingy for me. There is just plain too much volume in them for them to be flattering for my body-type. I didn't get a chance to try on much from the Elle line, but it looks like they have a number of things from dresses to jackets to blouses and pants.

The Vera Wang pieces are way too long and/or swingy for me. There is just plain too much volume in them for them to be flattering for my body-type. I didn't get a chance to try on much from the Elle line, but it looks like they have a number of things from dresses to jackets to blouses and pants.

ITA about the Simply Vera clothing! a lot of the pieces were cute, but very swingy and drapey. i'm not sure if other stores got more/better stock than the kohl's by me, but i couldn't find anything that really made me excited. however i liked her bedding! very cute.

^ I never knew she did bedding. I like Kohl's in general for linens- and the location is convenient and not at the mall (the mall by me is a zoo- 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot). They have nice towels/sheets/kitchen and bath rugs for good prices and tons of sales on that stuff!