Authenticate This Furla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, it's authentic - I have one just like it. It's very cute, and a great size! When mine is unzipped on the sides you can see it has lilac colored leather sides...great little pop of color. I don't know if this one in particular has the same thing, but they should have shown a picture of it if it does! Looks like a great deal...I paid full retail for mine :sad:

I have a general question about this brand: does anyone know if Furla makes authentic croc handbags or are they all stamped leather. I have this running issue with my SIL that a bag she picked up in Italy is not real croc. She won't tell me what she paid for it, which would certainly be a tip off, so I am a little stumped. I have no picture of it either. Furla makes a nice bag especially for the price point, but I never envisioned them making the jump to real croc and the price that goes along with it.

This may not be right place for this question since I don't have a specific bag I'm looking at (although I do love my Furla bags - see my Avatar), but I'm curious whether Furla bags are faked often. At least in the U.S., it seems that there isn't a big enough market for Furla bags to make it worthwhile for the fakers. Just curious.:confused1:

I have a general question about this brand: does anyone know if Furla makes authentic croc handbags or are they all stamped leather. I have this running issue with my SIL that a bag she picked up in Italy is not real croc. She won't tell me what she paid for it, which would certainly be a tip off, so I am a little stumped. I have no picture of it either. Furla makes a nice bag especially for the price point, but I never envisioned them making the jump to real croc and the price that goes along with it.

I never heard anything about Furla making croc bags, and I've been a Furla fan for ages :smile:
Exotics are really not in the price range or the taste of Furla costumers (expensive high street prices/casual or smart casual bags), so unless me and all my friends missed the info about the croc bag, your sister's is stamped leather.

This may not be right place for this question since I don't have a specific bag I'm looking at (although I do love my Furla bags - see my Avatar), but I'm curious whether Furla bags are faked often. At least in the U.S., it seems that there isn't a big enough market for Furla bags to make it worthwhile for the fakers. Just curious.:confused1:

I've seen plenty of fake Furla bags in Europe and on the European versions of ebay :sad:

I never heard anything about Furla making croc bags, and I've been a Furla fan for ages :smile:
Exotics are really not in the price range or the taste of Furla costumers (expensive high street prices/casual or smart casual bags), so unless me and all my friends missed the info about the croc bag, your sister's is stamped leather.

Thank you for the answer. It was what I expected.:flowers:

Hi all

My first post (I have been lurking as a guest for a while).

I have (perhaps foolishly) bought from ebay here in the UK and I was wondering if people thought that the following bag was authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260223685704&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

Thanks for your replies

the silky sleeper bag looks about right, not familiar with this style but looks pretty well made, most furla fakes do not have the internal metal tag incased in leather frame, so if yours does have it i'd feel pretty sure u got the real deal

Lemonhead, I am no expert but I do have a Furla Greta the same size as the one you bought. Mine has the same metal button on the back. What are the feet and lining like? Also, I really don't know if all Furla have one but mine has a fabric tag with some numbers on it inside the pocket. And the zipper, what brand is it?

Hi Kathyy. The inside of purse has a sort of brownish/burgundy lining with "furla" embossed in the fabric. The zipper has a sort of stylized "F" on it. Four metal feet on the bottom -- not too huge.

There was a sticker inside the pocket, as well as a plasticy-type tag on the inside pocket both of which read "MOC 277506 F3400/V C+E 49J CG 10 1423."

The hardware had furla imprinted on it, and the zipper seems to be of strong, good quality. All the obvious things point to it being authentic, but I'm always suspicious of a great deal!

Thanks for all your help. Even if it's not authentic, it's really nice. (Actually I've seen nearly identical purses on e-bay, but without the Furla metal medallion on the front of mine. Maybe those are the fakes?)

Lemonhead130:tpfrox:

This is the first Furla I've seen and can't find out much about this brand. Please help me authenticate this bag.

0430_5%20193.jpg

0430_5%20195.jpg

0430_5%20199.jpg

0430_5%20202.jpg

0430_5%20203.jpg

0430_5%20205.jpg

There is also a tag underneath the FURLA tag which has the number "3" stitched on it. Please help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.