Food Rubs for a Steak?

rothjess

Jun 29, 2007
I searched and didn't find anything, so if this is posted elsewhere, I apologize in advance. :smile: I'm looking for some new things to do with steak other than the old olive oil/salt/pepper drill. Does anyone have any good rubs that they make/use/love? TIA! :flowers:

I use minced garlic-greek seasoning & evoo/red wine vinegar or butter/Worchestrshire sauce. I marinate in a ziploc and then transfer meat and then heat the marinade in a sauce pan to boil and then baste while grilling or broiling. Good.

I like my steak really well seasoned so this is one of the ones I uses

2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
2 tablespoons of cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon ( sounds weird but it adds a smokey taste to anything grilled )
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
4 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 tea spoon of Oregano
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of onion powder
I mix them all up and rub in to the steak and grill , when done I squeeze some lime juice on it and sometimes I add a little butter on top

My fiance is English and his mom is an amazing cook. Because steak usually taste pretty amazing on it's on, she never rubs it with anything. Especially when it's good quality steak. She grills it and then serves it with English mustard and red currant jelly. It taste's AMAZING. Get hold of English mustard and red currant jelly if you can :smile:

I like Monteray Steak Rub and Broiled Steak Seasoning both made by Mc Cormick's.

I was just about to mention that one too...its great and I even tried it on a roast YUM YUM.

I also have a homemade mix for steak and it enhances the natural taste of a great quality and cut steak:

Bovril marinade sauce
Garlic
Olive oil
a little pepper
Let marinade overnight for best results specially if the steak is thick!

DO NOT ADD SALT (not needed and will only dry the meat)

ENJOY....