Hermes NYC

hanako

Jan 24, 2007
Hi fellow TPFers,

I am going to be in New York in 2 weeks time for work and was wondering whether it is worth visiting the Hermes stores in NYC, and maybe pick up a few goodies (ahem). I do not have a lot of time, I probably have one afternoon for shopping.

There seems to be 2 stores - Madison Ave and Wall St. If I could only go to one store, which one is better in terms of inventory? I also checked that they have a store at JFK-is it a small shop too or do they stock decent items?

If you are hoping to score a birkin you will have better luck at Wall St. Madison However has a much larger inventory. They are not too far from each other (about a 15min taxi ride) I would try both. Have fun!:wlae:

Wall street has way more available leather goods lately and it is not as busy as madison. The JFK store is mainly scarfs, couple garden party bags, watches and bracelets

Better service at Wall St, but more inventory at Madison Ave. Try both. Wall St will more likely check inventory on the computer. Fe Luis and Lisa are both very nice. It is a very welcoming store.

Definitely go to both. If you can only go to one store and you really want to get a Birkin, go to the Wall Street one. My husband just walked by there yesterday and they had both an orange and vert anis one. Unfortunatelyl, the sighting was from my husband, so of course he did not know the hardware!! Best of luck to you. The Madison store is great for everything else BUT Birkin. SAs nicer at Wall Street.

Apologies for the solicitation. I did not mean to go against the rules. Just wanted to voice that I am not as happy with my 35cm than the 30cm.

Nonetheless, it is NOT impossible to get the Birkins at the boutiques. Just be normal and the SAs will be very helpful.

As for ordering, they will all tell you they don't take orders. That is often true, however, if you have been a good customer, they will often help you.

Apologies for the solicitation. I did not mean to go against the rules. Just wanted to voice that I am not as happy with my 35cm than the 30cm.

Nonetheless, it is NOT impossible to get the Birkins at the boutiques. Just be normal and the SAs will be very helpful.

As for ordering, they will all tell you they don't take orders. That is often true, however, if you have been a good customer, they will often help you.
It is very important what the rules are here, no one is against you