Gimme your opinion!

Texas Girl

Jul 21, 2006
I have been wanting the Tiffany silver bead necklace to match the bead earrings I already have. However, I can't justify the price. I happened to catch this necklace on QVC yesterday and put it in my cart. It's a fraction of the price of the Tiffany one and it doesn't look to me like it's trying to be a "knockoff". The qvc one has small disc beads between each round bead. The tiffany one is a string of round beads. Plus, the qvc one has a 2 inch extender and it's "ultrafine" silver which has no nickel in it. What do you think?

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.J25667

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=10579325&mcat=148204&cid=316221&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+316221-r+101287465+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I think I would still go with the Tiffany one.
QVC can carry nice jewelry and I have several pieces, but I don't think this necklace is going to have the "heft" of the Tiffany one. It says 40 grams, but I would be willing to bet that the Tiffany beads are thicker and more solid.
The great thing about QVC is that you can order it, check it out and then return it if you don't like it.

I prefer the graduated beads, but I can never in my mind, justify the cost of Tiffany silver v. somewhere else (well, I can't justify the cost of Tiffany's jewelry period, but that is another subject all together). That's just me though. I think I'd likely test out the QVC one and see how it is.

I own the Tiffany bead necklace..I was wearing it a few months ago and a woman complimented me on it.

She asked if i got it at Blue Nile, I said No. Then I went home and looked at the Blue Nile Website. Same necklace, Much Cheaper.

I would buy the Blue Nile one, I don't think you can tell the difference...and I have the Tiffany version...glad it was a gift, or I would have felt genuinely ripped off.

If you really care about a name brand then go with the tiffanys.. if not the QVC one looks great its just not graduated..

I think u said u had the earrings? if yes stay with the same name

i tried to post a photo of the BlueNIle necklace, but couldn't figure it out. It is around $60, they have a graduated version (like my Tiffany) and a one-size version.

Good luck!

I really don't care if it's Tiffany or not. Especially when it's just a strand of silver beads. I have several tiffany necklaces that I love, but when I'm looking for something just plain and simple, I don't see the need to pay for the name. I actually like the beads being the same size instead of graduated. Yeah, I do have the earrings, but no one can tell they're tiffany. I don't know, I'm still on the fence about it. I'm just concerned about the quality of the qvc one. I'd hate for it to break.

I have the Tiffany graduate bead necklace and I love it. The necklace has just enough heft- it feels very well made but is not heavy to wear at all. It was a Xmas gift from my BF, I wear it all the time. Honestly, on the scale of Tiffany, it's very reasonable, although you certainly could get a similar style elsewhere. I doubt the QVC version will compare to the quality of the T&Co one, though.

here is the blue nile one

I have the bracelet it was also a gift and if it wasnt a gift i think i would have bought something like it

i like tiffanys for some stuff, but a lot of times i feel like it really isnt THAT much better quality its just you pay about $100 for the name,,,

i dunno i think i would prob order one of the cheaper ones cause ive seen ones like the tiffanys one, and the actual tiffanys one and i wouldnt ever know the difference looking @ them (unless to you it matters and you said it doesnt ;)!)

QVC.. its on tv.. and tons of people order from it. I doubt its crappy. PLus they have a 30 day return policy. I watch QVC and all those shopping things all the time. I never ordered because i fear once i start i wont stop =P

I think I would still go with the Tiffany one.
QVC can carry nice jewelry and I have several pieces, but I don't think this necklace is going to have the "heft" of the Tiffany one. It says 40 grams, but I would be willing to bet that the Tiffany beads are thicker and more solid.
The great thing about QVC is that you can order it, check it out and then return it if you don't like it.

I totally agree - I've bought jewelry from QVC before - mostly designers like J. Ripka, RLM, M. Dawkins, etc (where I can't bring myself to buy from their boutique line), but often I've found that QVC jewelry is so lightweight that it bends and doesn't lay correctly because it's too light. I like the lighter weight in earrings, but find that some (even the designer stuff) from QVC bend easily and the quality isn't there. I'd save up for the Tiffany- plus you'll feel great wearing it and you'll have it forever.

I still haven't made up my mind yet. I think I'll try the qvc ones since I can return them within 30 days if I don't like them. On the other hand, if they don't hold up and it's past 30 days, I'll be out the money that could have went for the tiffany's strand. I don't know, maybe I should just hold off buying anything until I can make up my mind! :shrugs: