Finally got an Alfred! But what color is it?

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
So many of you know I've wanted an Alfred for a while now. The timing just wasn't right for me when they started appearing at Off 5ths and sure enough, they disappeared by the time I was able to buy one. Thanks to several :heart:beautiful ladies:heart: on this forum, I was alerted to one that appeared on Ebay last week. I sealed the deal and it arrived yesterday. It's everything I hoped & dreamed of!! :girlsigh:

But here's my question... The seller said it was the Bordeaux color in her listing, but I'm really thinking it's actually Slate. Do any of you know for sure? I tried to take pictures of it in different lights. Sometimes it looks black and sometimes it looks like a deep chocolate brown. It doesn't ever look Bordeaux to me though. I'm just curious because regardless of what the color is, I'm soooooo in love!! :love::love:

Attachments

• Alfred1.JPG
    Alfred1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Alfred2.JPG
    Alfred2.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Alfred3.JPG
    Alfred3.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 89
^^Thank you!!

Thanks so much Forenfinal for confirming the color! :flowers: I'm so happy it's the Slate color after all. That's the color I wanted most other than the virtually-impossible-to-get Teal color!

weN84 - you are one of those beautiful ladies I mentioned!! :heart:

tadpolenyc - Yep, that's a Fall 06 bag! You're right about it being such a great season! :tup:

^^Thank you ladies for the compliments!!

DivasDare - I was thinking of taking an updated family photo when I have some extra time during Spring Break. It's only 3 weeks away, thank goodness. Send me a PM to remind me, okay? :yes:

WOW!! Your Alfred is such a beautiful color!! Alfred is a fantastic bag you will use all the time (especially in that color!). CONGRATS on finding one!!! :flowers: Also, can't wait to see the family photo!!

So..I have a nutmeg Alfred and since that is not exactly a twin maybe I can be a bag cousin or something?!:P