Wishlists

Nectarine25

Growing my herd
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
How do you make yours? Or do you just remember them by heart?

I'm trying to figure out how to best write down everything. I did one on LV.com and pasted it into MS Word. I've since then continued it with other brands by attaching a picture, brand, description and price. It looks a bit messy though. Any ideas how to do it neatly?

The problem with wishlists is that they change every couple of months (for me, anyway!).
I am currently compiling my wishlist according to color: my top 3 choices in blue, green, purple, etc. Much easier that way.

Excel. I :heart::heart:Excel. I have a tab for different categories, then a column of "wants," the colour, the price, then the site/store to get it out & discount code/sale to watch for---then if i get it, I move the line to the bottom & record purchase price & store in another column. Then I sum the price columns, MSRP & actual purchase price, seeing how much I save makes me feel better about spending it:shame:

it never is clear, b/c i use it for EVERYTHING, not just bags.

I have a paper notebook for fashion items. I periodically write down my wishlists and date them. Then a few months pass and I can see what lusts have dried up, and which bags I still love.

Plus, it's really fun to go back a year or two and say, "what was I thinking??"

I usually obsess about one bag, get it, then move on to another. Right now, my wish list is the Mulberry Mollie in black. After that, I'll probably obsess about a coral/pink Chanel flap, but I can only handle one obsession at a time! :smile:

I like making a visual "set" at polyvore.com
I prefer looking at all my options set side by side, it really helps me make decisions better ( I am very indecisive and can't make many purchases).

i write everything i want and need in a journal. that way, everything i buy is well thought out, and i end up doing less impulse shopping. it's hard to keep track of what you need. i remember i use to buy almost everything that was "pretty' and on sale. this was a bad, bad habit.

the journal really helps.. i still impulse shop, but just less, but who doesn't?
hmm.. sounds like i have problem or something...hehee...

The problem with wishlists is that they change every couple of months (for me, anyway!).
I am currently compiling my wishlist according to color: my top 3 choices in blue, green, purple, etc. Much easier that way.

My wishlists seem to expand not change :P Color organizing doesn't really work for me since usually I'm more attracted to the model than a specific color for it.

Excel. I :heart::heart:Excel. I have a tab for different categories, then a column of "wants," the colour, the price, then the site/store to get it out & discount code/sale to watch for---then if i get it, I move the line to the bottom & record purchase price & store in another column. Then I sum the price columns, MSRP & actual purchase price, seeing how much I save makes me feel better about spending it:shame:

it never is clear, b/c i use it for EVERYTHING, not just bags.

Wow, I wish I was that efficient. Maybe I should try excel. Maybe that would make my list more organized. I also keep a tab of what I already have so excel would be useful there.

I have a paper notebook for fashion items. I periodically write down my wishlists and date them. Then a few months pass and I can see what lusts have dried up, and which bags I still love.

Plus, it's really fun to go back a year or two and say, "what was I thinking??"

Lol. I like having a visual aid so I lean more towards an electronic list. Pictures are also a better way for me to realize if I like the bag after awhile. If I get bored looking at the picture there's no point in getting the actual bag IMO.

I usually obsess about one bag, get it, then move on to another. Right now, my wish list is the Mulberry Mollie in black. After that, I'll probably obsess about a coral/pink Chanel flap, but I can only handle one obsession at a time! :smile:

Wish I had only one obsession at a time. At the moment I must have at least 10 bags whirling in my head :P

I like making a visual "set" at polyvore.com
I prefer looking at all my options set side by side, it really helps me make decisions better ( I am very indecisive and can't make many purchases).

That's true for me also. I'm a very visual person and like to gather pictures of beautiful things in general as well. When deciding on a purse I like to have the pictures of different models and colors side by side. This makes it way easier to decide.

I have folders of bookmarked sites with the bags I am stalking on my browser. I just make a bunch of sub-folders. 1 for each designer, then 1 for each style and/or color I'm interested in, etc. That way I can regularly check all the sites they're at and see if any go on sale, etc.

I keep an ongoing list of all things I need or want from clothes, purses to bathroom towels. I update it as needed as email it to myself so I always have with me.
It really helps me when deciding about a purchase and resisting impulse buys.
If I have down that I need jeans, tees and sandals it really makes me think hard about my purchase when I come across something else, like dresses or boots, on sale.
It is also really useful around my birthday or Christmas for making gift suggestions.