Kitchen Table/Countertop Question!

Couturegrl

Addicted to Tiffany's
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
OK so SO and I went to look at furniture yesterday, and both of us fell in love with this GORGEOUS table.:drool:

The only problem that I can see is that the table is a bit taller than a traditional table...its not as tall as the cocktail tables you see at the Cheesecake Factory, for example, but I am still worried that having a taller table might look weird with a counter tops that are a standard height.:confused1:

Opinions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!:heart:

I'm big on buying what you like & making it work somewhere. I am so dang picky about furniture & home decor. I think tables behind a sofa that floats in a room look great.
Our eat in kitchen table is taller than most. My counter tops are at 36 inches & this table is 32.5" tall. Its a mosiac marble inlay from Italy, (even the base) so its not like I could get it in any size I wanted. The chair (Emerson brand) were specially made for it so they are the right height for the table. Everything looks apporpriate till you get out the tapemeasure. But they are far enough away from the counters so its really not noticable. People mention the look of the table not its height.
Again buy what you love & find a way to make it work & you'll never be sorry.

When I bought my table I went though the same dilemma. I ended up getting a traditional height table because I thought sitting at a bar height table every day would eventually get on my nerves. I find the traditional height tables more comfortable so I kept looking and eventually found a really nice one.

^good point...although I am 5'10" and SO is 6'2" so the taller height actually makes sense for us...plus it makes it harder for my Chihuahuas to beg! LMAO!!

Charles-- yes, it does come in a shorter, more 'normal' height...but I kinda like the look of the taller one...its DIFFERENT, KWIM?

LeeLee-- good point! But the table is actually a set that comes with four chairs/stools that work perfectly with it :smile:

We have that kind of table and it is in the dining room which is connected to the kitchen. Our center island is the same height as the table and it looks good! I can send you a pic to your email :P

I love the bar height tables. If you love it, go for it!! I wish I could have a taller table in my townhouse...my ceilings are traditional height and the eating area is pretty small so it would look out of proportion. But those tables are gorgeous!!