Were Last Season's Dr. Q Groovee Satchels Nicer Than Now?

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I've heard that the Dr. Q Groovees were better in Fall '07 then in Spring '08. Is this true? I know that the hardware changed...but I've also heard that these newer bags were slightly smaller.
I'm so sad about that - if it's true - that they're not as nice. I really wanted to look into getting the Saddle since getting it in Nice Tan seems to be a dream - but I'm not going to settle. Plus the Mouse Grey just looks delicious as well and that's a new color!
What's a girl to do??
I also heard that it's like a puddle of mush when you put it down.
Ugh. I feel stuck.

they were like a puddle of mush last season to. they do not hold their shape at all.

that being said, i saw the newer ones at saks today and i think the quality itself looked the same. jmho.

they were like a puddle of mush last season to. they do not hold their shape at all.

that being said, i saw the newer ones at saks today and i think the quality itself looked the same. jmho.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Soft and smooshie are the operative words here.
I guess it's just the whole hardware thing that I've heard isn't so nice....and that they're not as great in general. What a shame that would be.
I wonder if I heard wrong. Too bad I can't compare....:shrugs:

There are other subtle differences as well. I don't have pics to show, but the place where the handles attach to the bag are different between fall 07 and spring 08. It's hard to explain, but I have a fall 07 dr. q groovee and a spring 08 dr. q dakota and I can see the difference. I wouldn't say nicer, because that grey is so cute, but definitely different. I'll try to find pics!

i wasn't that impressed w/ the dr groove's i saw from the spring line. imho the saddle leather i saw on the dr. groove i tried on was a lot different than my bordeux dr. groove..and not in a good way. its definitly by no means horrible, but i do think that out of the ones i saw last season's were better.

i wasn't that impressed w/ the dr groove's i saw from the spring line. imho the saddle leather i saw on the dr. groove i tried on was a lot different than my bordeux dr. groove..and not in a good way. its definitly by no means horrible, but i do think that out of the ones i saw last season's were better.

Do you mean like the leather has changed?

i prefer the fall groovees. the leather is so much nicer than the new ones. with the exception of the mouse grey, i think the original colors are nicer too. i said this in another post, but i don't like the new design changes. it makes the bag loses what character it had. it's still pretty to be sure, but it's meh to me.

I'm worried now ... because I intended to buy a Dr. Q Groovee in canvas white color ... on Neiman Marcus ... but reading what you've written ... I'M IN DOUBT!

What do you think? Please, help me!

I don't know, debora, it's a tough call. If you really love the style of the bag and want one of the spring colors, I would say go for it. Even if they continue the bag in Fall 08, the bags could still be different from the original Fall 07 bags. I had this same issue with the softy faridah. I purchased mine from the Spring 07 batch I think with the small paisley lining, but when I purchased the Spring 08 softy faridah I did not like it at all. The leather was a lot stiffer, the bag did not fall the same way and I didn't like the lining. So I am still in search of a slouchy, smooshy black softy faridah and am hoping that either the fall or Spring 09 bags are better. Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I do know how you feel. The quality of the new Groovees is still nice, though, so it's a tough call!

Hi, surlygirl! What color you've purchased the Softy Faridah? Please, don't tell me is grass color! I'm crazy about this color and I hope I can buy some MbMJ Spring 2008 bag in this gorgeous color!

Why oh why did they have to do that!? :confused1: I'm feeling my hopes are a little dashed for my grey Dr. Groovee. Damn, I've gotta get out and try one on. I saw it like six months ago - I don't know where my head was - I should have grabbed it.
I'm hearing from so many people that the Nice Tan and the new Saddle color just don't compare.....:sad:

I don't think they're smaller? I think the leather's just thinner meaning lighter (which is a good thing!) but the smoothness and smooshiness is the same. I like the spring colors better though. And the gold hardware, I like better than brass.