The Envelope Clutch: When, Where and How?

mischka

lovin' my bee!
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
Can Envelope Clutch lovers enlighten me pls?:idea:

I'm considering getting a Envelope Clutch but I'm really a jeans and tshrt kind of girl. No fancy dresses, no high heels. I dress up pretty casual but not sloppy.:P Do you think an Envelope Clutch would fit into my wardrobe? I'm thinking I can use it to go to the movies, dinner or a friend's house/party. Would this work or look out of place?

Thanks!!:tup:

T, I can see this clutch with even Jeans & Tees. Just like Jzlyn mentioned, depends on how you rock it!!! BTW there was a good deal on the black one on evilbay which I posted yesterday on the shopping thread. There is a gorgeous red one there now(@ under retail) but I think you would need to authenticate it if you want it. Looks like Tomato to me!

it's not only a high fashion (dressy) item. it all depends on how u rock it - with lots of attitude :queen:

Great way to put it, Jzlyn!! You definitely could pair the clutch with a dressier outfit (I think peppers90 has some fabulous dressier pics of her Violet SGH Envelope posted in the "Photos wearing your Bbags - PICTURES ONLY!" thread) but I really love the way it looks with jeans and heel - super hot, IMO!!

Jzlyn - *gulp* that's what I fear..I've never considered myself fashionable:roflmfao:

pinkboudoir F - thanks! saw those too but I'm looking at the one at RDC.:shame:

CoutureObsessed - I did see that pic! She did look smashing with her Violet Envelope! Unfortunately, when I say jeans and tshirt kind of girl..I also mean, no heels..just sandals, flip flops, flats, or keds..haha I'm so embarrassed!:P

mischka i am gonna be bad here and be the enabler lol. I just got my first envelope clutch in black GSH. totally loved it. i have used it for a company annual dinner and have also used it when i went down to the post office (to collect my sahara MU no less haha) in skinny jeans and flip flops. u cant imagine the number of looks the purse got.

YOU HAVE TO OWN ONE!

I wore mine to a New Year's Eve party and use it with jeans also. Here are some pics worn casual for ya. ;)

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

I don't have one of these so I can't speak from personal experience, but the reason I really want one is because it seems so versatile - as a clutch when going out, as a small purse when running out for coffee or to put inside a larger bag (like for work).

Now i've been wanting an envelope clutch so bad too!!! I think it works well with casual wear...it just adds something special to the overall number!!does anyone know if there's an envelope clutch in bg08 with GH??? TIA :smile:

Thanks everyone!! Especially to Addy for the lovely pics!:tup: I think I can "rock" the envelope clutch since I normally do just wear jeans and tank tops. And it's great bag to bring when I just want to hang out at a friend's place or for dinner and movies, huh?

Does anyone have a Jaune SGH Envelope to model? Will the EB be released in the SGH envelope as well?;)

Definately can be casual - I'm dying for one of these, but want a color in the pink/blue/purple family w/ GSH and have yet to find one. I'm on the waitlist at Bal NY, but none yet in EB or Magenta- I may have to wait for the Fall colors which isn't a big thing since there are several there that I think I'd like.