Sell on Ebay or tPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I'm not allowed to sell on tPF (<500 posts), but why do people still sell on eBay when they can sell on tPF? I want to sell one of my bags, but I've never used eBay.

I would say ebay gets more traffic then tpf when selling a purse. Also I think 500 posts on here to be able to sell or trade is a bit high. I'm also an active member of flyertalk and you can trade airlines miles etc once you reach 90 posts and have been a member for 90 days.

Best bet on ebay is to do a BIN with best offer price and hope you get an offer in the range you want. Ebay is actually great assuming you get a paying bidder and you state your terms clearly.

I'm not allowed to sell on tPF (<500 posts), but why do people still sell on eBay when they can sell on tPF? I want to sell one of my bags, but I've never used eBay.
Many (and I mean many!) of us are on a waiting list to be accepted to tPF market place. In the meantime, I need to offset my impulse buying with whatever means are available to me. That's why I, personally, use Ebay. :Push:

I kind of also think that on the MP people aren't really selling bags for huge profits .. it's more of selling bags to fellow purse lovers at a fair price. With ebay, anything goes!

Regarding the application to sell on MP - did you guys get a confirmation email stating that you were on a wait list? If so my app seems to have gone ignored...:wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.