Toner

I don't use a toner. I have found almost all of them to irritate my skin. I use Philosophy Purity Cleanser or Perricone Nutritive Cleanser and my skin does not need a toner afterwards. I have been use La Mer cream for the past week or so as well.

I don't use toner on a regular basis anymore, but when the mood strikes I just use pure rosewater that I bought it at an Indian market in the food section. I just store it in the refrigerator and apply it cold, after I wash my face. It's extremely gentle and wonderful for the complexion.

Otherwise I recommend Kiehls or Mario Badescu, which are both <$15.

Is toner really necessary? It just always seemed like an unnecessary add-on/upsell to me.

When I was younger and dealing with very oily skin, I did like one of the Kiehl's toners. It was blue and not terribly gentle.

^ I love that toner..I use one by Shiseido but I forgot what it's called. Toner is supposedly very important int a beauty ritual. I would say, use it at least a few times a week..maybe not everyday but try to use it. I don't think it's going to hurt you..I'm just not sure anymore about how vital it really is.

I don't use toner on a regular basis anymore, but when the mood strikes I just use pure rosewater that I bought it at an Indian market in the food section. I just store it in the refrigerator and apply it cold, after I wash my face. It's extremely gentle and wonderful for the complexion.

I think I read this tip somewhere else on this board, and intended on trying it. When I was checking out the different rose waters at the ethnic market, though, I came across Orange Blossom water and decided to try that instead. It's amazing! :nuts:

I use the La Mer toner and I love it, I don't know if it is worth the price but it is super gentle. I use it over my eyes to remove any remaining eye makeup. Since I have been using the La Mer skincare (foaming cleanser, toner and creme) my skin is the best it has ever been.
But, I bet there are other ones out there just as good that are cheaper.
I feel I need to use a toner because it helps get any residue off and we have such hard water.

I was told by my dermatologist that toner is completely unnecessary!! The "stuff" you see on the cotton ball after you use toner is the natural oils from your skin - not dirt.

Ever since he told me that I've stopped using a toner and my skin has actually been BETTER - I'm no longer stripping it of it's natural oils.

Since a few people use the spray as well... does anybody else have a hard time always spraying it right onto your face? Or am I the only one who's handicapped with that darned thing?! :P