Desperately seeking Hermes scarf!

classicsgirl

Bag Lover Downunder
Feb 6, 2008
I was outbid on an Hermes Annie Faivre plisse scarf and can't stop thinking about it! It's absolutely gorgeous. It's the Annie Faivre 'Art des Steppes' in a mustard colour with jewel tones of rich blues, greens and burgundy. Does anyone have any information about this scarf? Are there any Hermes stores that still sell it? I have googled it but cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Where can I buy it from? *desperate*!:hysteric:

The scarf is from years ago - 15 or so, so you will find it only on Ebay or consignment store, not at Hermes.

But, here is something to think about, that might help you get over it ... Most plisses are shown spread out - to show the whole design. BUT the scarf looks way different when you put it on. Many fab designs disappear in the folds, so insist on seeing the plisse folded & knotted ! :tup:

I was outbid on an Hermes Annie Faivre plisse scarf and can't stop thinking about it! It's absolutely gorgeous. It's the Annie Faivre 'Art des Steppes' in a mustard colour with jewel tones of rich blues, greens and burgundy. Does anyone have any information about this scarf? Are there any Hermes stores that still sell it? I have googled it but cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Where can I buy it from? *desperate*!:hysteric:

I know some people who have found a local source to do the pleating for them. It takes much less time, costs much less, but if you don't know who you are going to, it could be a fiasco! One of my friends had a cashmere PM pleated to cover up some issues - worked great and is really easy to wear. But I agree with marietouchet - sometimes I'm disappointed in plisses because the beautiful designs disappear, particularly the smaller and more intricate ones.

And regarding going to a different place for pleating...

Hermes has used different pleating techniques over the years, some plisses the pleats to tightly that is it hard to open up the scarf, others are such that it takes just a little wearing and the pleats open up permanently - they pouf out at one spot not another. Depends on how you wear them whether this is a prob or not

So, I'd try sending a trial scarf for pleating to see what comes up and if you like it, not a cherished scarf:tup:

I know some people who have found a local source to do the pleating for them. It takes much less time, costs much less, but if you don't know who you are going to, it could be a fiasco! One of my friends had a cashmere PM pleated to cover up some issues - worked great and is really easy to wear. But I agree with marietouchet - sometimes I'm disappointed in plisses because the beautiful designs disappear, particularly the smaller and more intricate ones.