VERY upset by the accusation of some ebayer that my item is not authentic :(

helpl!!! slush

workin' hard
Aug 24, 2006
I havent ever in my life had someone accuse me of this and it really hurt, i actually felt sick to my stomach after reading their email. I guess they feel they needed to email me to tell me my gustto baca is fake (WHICH IT IS NOT AT ALL!)

it was bought at the clothing line sample sales in NYC and it is truly a sample, it is a color that hadnt made it into production until recently, and is now only avail. on their website, and because it was a sample from about a year back, the gustto studs dont have gustto engraved in them, which bugged me when i bought it and so i contacted the person who runs the sample sales and was sent this email:

Hi B,

We run sales directly for the manufacturers. The Gustto bags come directly from Gustto. We do not
get them from third parties. We sell the bags on consignment for Gustto. I am not sure why your
Gustto bag does not have embossed studs. While the majority of the bags we are selling now are
from stock and are current, we do have a few that were past seasons or samples. Maybe your bag
was one of those.
We do not allow exchanges on the Gustto handbags. The main reason for this policy is so no one
can exchange a knock-off with one of our bags. Unfortunately there are a few bad seeds out there.
This policy guarantees any bag we sell are 100% authentic Gustto bags, because 100% of the bags
come directly from Gustto.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

J

This email is even in my listing, I have no doubts of the authenticity of my bag but it makes me SO sad that someone felt the need to accuse me with what they think is proof that the bag is fake :sad:

here is the message I recieved:

HI,
I AM NOT SURE WHO WAS SELLING THIS AT THE SAMPLE SALE BUT THIS IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC GUSTTO BAG. THESE GUSTTO BAGS ARE NOT MADE IN MEXICO THEY ARE STRICTLY MADE IN AMERICA AND IF THERE ISN'T A HUGE LEATHER TAG THAT IS SEWN INTO THE INSIDE OF THE BAG UNDER THE ZIPPER THEN IT IS NOT AUTHENTIC. ALSO, EVERY GUSTTO BAG THAT WAS EVER MADE HAS GUSTTO ENGRAVED ON THE OUTSIDE GOLD BUTTONS. SO, I AM NOT SURE AGAIN WHO SOLD THIS TO YOU BUT THEY RIPPED YOU OFF. SORRY. IT IS A NICE COLOR BUT NOT GUSTTO. THE REASON WHY I KNOW THIS IS BECAUSE MY SISTER USED TO WORK FOR GUSTTO AND THEY USED TO GET CALLS ALL THE TIME ABOUT BAGS AND PEOPLE USED TO ASK ABOUT THE MADE IN MEXICO. SO, I AM SORRY TO GIVE YOU THIS NEWS BUT I SAW THE RED AND IT CAUGHT MY EYE AND I LIKED IT. BUT THEN I SAW THE REST OF IT AND I COULDN'T RESIST TELLING YOU.

OK FIRST OF ALL! There is a clear picture of the tag that they are saying every gustto has, right under the zipper, so i dont think they even looked through the listing
THEN: there is the email to explain the studs, which i know is not typical of gustto but i dont have any doubts of it being authentic,
THIRD: This color is avail. on gusttos website!
and FINALLY THEY ALL SAY "designed in America" Not made in america, they are made in Mexico ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EIther way here is my email back:

I am sorry to tell you but your sister doesnt know what is talking about. First as far as color, please go visit www.gustto.com
go to collections along the bottom, then choose web exclusives and go to the THIRD page you will see in the bottom left hand corner the red gustto baca, please be informed before you go around claiming you KNOW something wasnt ever made in that color.
Second if you take the time to read my listing this was purchased from clothing line sample sales in NYC please feel free to contact gustto they themselves will tell you they supply the gustto bags directly for the sample sale and the reason my gustto does NOT have engraved studs is because it was a sample before the red was made for production.
THIRD Please look at the pictures there is indeed a HUGE LEATHER TAG under the zipper that clearly says GUSTTO DESIGNED IN THE USA< and if you know anything about gustto NONE of them say MADE in america they say designed in america and are made in mexico. ONCE again PLEASE feel free to contact gustto directly and ask them, they will ASSURE you the bags are made in mexico.
please be informed before you go around accusing people of selling fakes i have never in my life sold a fake and never will and am fully offended by the accusation.
also please feel free to become a memeber of the website www.thepurseforum.com there are a TON of knowledgable bag fans MAANY who have bacas and can assure you they are made in mexico (even search their website without becoming a member) this has been discussed MANY TIMES
sorry that your sister and you have been misinformed,
~B

sorry to unload on you guys i know of the ebay issues on this forum this isnt as serious but it really hurt my feelings and really made me sad as a seller as someone who takes pride in the fact that every person ive sold bags to has been really truly happy :sad:
thanks for listening :sad: ~Bessie

How awful. I can't wait to see her response. Once, about one year ago, I sold a Cole Haan bag NWT that I had bought at Saks but then decided I did not like it. The seller actually said she knew it was fake because "my daughter works at JC Penny and knows high fashion". I was sick.

How awful. I can't wait to see her response. Once, about one year ago, I sold a Cole Haan bag NWT that I had bought at Saks but then decided I did not like it. The seller actually said she knew it was fake because "my daughter works at JC Penny and knows high fashion". I was sick.

I'm pretty sure JCPenny doesn't sell anything over $50 lol... what a nutcase.

Her e-mail could have been better worded, but it sounds like she thought she was helping you rather than accuse you. You know your stuff is authentic, that's all that matters :yes:

Her e-mail could have been better worded, but it sounds like she thought she was helping you rather than accuse you. You know your stuff is authentic, that's all that matters :yes:

thank you :smile: Seems like you are indeed right i Just got a response from her
seems that she indeed was sending it as a "friendly help"
and hopefully now she realizes shes wrong???

HI, THANKS FOR THE EMAIL. HOWEVER, LET ME FIRST SAY THAT I WASN'T PERSONALLY ACCUSING YOU OF SELLING A FAKE GUSTTO BAG. FIRST, I JUST WENT TO THE GUSTTO SAMPLE SALE IN NEW YORK CITY LAST WEEK AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A RED BAG (TOTAL COINCIDENCE). WHEN I ASKED THEM IF THEY HAD ANY THEY SAID NO AND THE PERSON FROM GUSTTO HAPPENED TO HAVE BEEN THERE. BEFORE I WENT TO THE SAMPLE SALE I ASKED MY SISTER IF SHE KNEW IF THEY MADE THE BAG IN RED. SHE SAID THAT WHEN SHE WORKED THERE THAT THEY DIDN'T BUT THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. SO, WHEN I WENT TO THE SAMPLE SALE AND THE REP FROM GUSTTO WAS THERE SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY DIDN'T AND THEN WE GOT INTO TALKING ABOUT THE BAGS. THE INFORMATION THAT I RECEIVED WAS FROM THE GUSTTO REP. SO, WHEN YOU SAY THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, IT IS THE GUSTTO REP THEN THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THE INFO CAME FROM. I AM SORRY IF YOU TOOK IT PERSONALLY AND WAS OFFENDED BY WHAT I SAID BUT THAT WASN'T THE ITENTI

WTF!!! NOW I GET THIS AS A MESSAGE????

One second i get a semi like misunderstanding msg then this?? what!
ugh

I SAW THE TAG THAT SAYS DESIGNED IN USA. BUT ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS ARE NOT AUTHENTIC ABOUT THE BAG. I ALSO READ THE LETTER FROM THE SAMPLE SALE PERSON AND MAYBE SOMEHOW THERE WAS A BAD SEED IN THERE AND THEY EXCHANGED OR REPLACED THE BAG SOMEHOW WITH A FAKE. I HAVE SEEN THAT HAPPEN BEFORE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING AT THOSE SALES. THE STITCHING SHOULD ALSO BE PERFECT. THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT AND IT DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T BE CROOKED. OK THANKS. JVM

I just wrote back and said that they can contact gustto or clothing line there is no way it is a fake and that the whole point of the word SAMPLE Is that it wasnt for production, it can have mistakes and faults and thats why it isnt sold retail, thats why the stitching isnt perfect

ugh ASS that makes me so mad idiots
im just gonna ignore them from now on

I know it's irritating, when you know you are doing the right thing and someone questions you, but I'm pretty sure she is just trying to help.

She doesn't know you, so try not to take it personally. :smile:

Incidentally, she obviously thinks you're an honest seller, otherwise, she wouldn't have tried to warn you that you had (in her opinion) bought a fake.

That's so frustrating, but at least you can tel that she really doesn't know what she's talking about. She has to rely on a rep for everything, and doesn't know any of these details well at all, even when they're hand fed to her.

WTF!!! NOW I GET THIS AS A MESSAGE????

One second i get a semi like misunderstanding msg then this?? what!
ugh

I SAW THE TAG THAT SAYS DESIGNED IN USA. BUT ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS ARE NOT AUTHENTIC ABOUT THE BAG. I ALSO READ THE LETTER FROM THE SAMPLE SALE PERSON AND MAYBE SOMEHOW THERE WAS A BAD SEED IN THERE AND THEY EXCHANGED OR REPLACED THE BAG SOMEHOW WITH A FAKE. I HAVE SEEN THAT HAPPEN BEFORE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING AT THOSE SALES. THE STITCHING SHOULD ALSO BE PERFECT. THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT AND IT DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T BE CROOKED. OK THANKS. JVM

She seems to have misunderstood the email you posted from the sample sale, because the point of that email was that there _couldn't_ be a "bad seed" at the sale because they don't accept exchanges. She seems to be using that email as an explanation for why your bag may be fake, which doesn't make any sense.

Oh dear this lady is obviously worried about receiving a fake because, lets face it, we all are at the moment. Please keep the email the rep sent you as proof in case paypal do enquire. And if you have a receipt that would be helpful too. If you did buy it from a sample sale and you stated that in your listing the buyer should have been aware.
I have heard, but I am not sure if its true, that Bottega Veneta do some sample bags with cotton instead of suede linings at some sales. It is not unusual for bags to have a few variations in these instances.