Van Cleef Alhambra necklace -- a good everyday necklace?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Hi ladies,

I have always loved the Van Cleef Alhambra necklace, especially in turquoise. However, is this a necklace you can wear everyday, or would it be weird to, since it's not very subtle?

When I think of an everyday necklace, I imagine a discreet little pendant on a chain, or a set of pearls.

What do you ladies think?

Also, does anyone know the price of the turquoise short-strand necklace? I think the last time I checked it was around $5K.

I, too, love the VCA turquoise motif pendants, but for me that color and style wouldn't work for everyday. I'd wear it whenever I got the chance, though.

A single motif necklace is perfect for everday, it comes in white or yellow gold with different motifs

This is in yellow gold and white mother of pearl
alhambra_vintage_pendant.jpg

And this is in white gold and turquoise
alhambra_vintage_pendant_white_gold_turquoise.jpg

I think the price range is between $ 1800-2200

If you want more than a single clover necklace, i would suggest : The 10 clover Vintage Alhambra necklace in yellow gold and white mother of pearl.
BTW This one is available in turquoise and yellow gold
VCA%20Vintage%20Alhambra.jpg

This one is around $ 4200
And another beautiful piece is this 6 clover Magic Alhambra necklace
Img249145197.jpg

This one is around $ 5000
Visit the VCA jewelry reference forum, lots of pics are there from various Alhambra collections. Godd luck:smile:

I’m loving this for everyday- white gold magic Alhambra pendant. I tried on the vintage and it is just too small on me (I’m 170cm). My next purchase would be the 6 motif necklace which is such a beautiful statement piece, however not for everyday- with me at least.

80F03C5E-026C-47A6-B4FA-703126C23864.jpeg

Attachments

• 42FA5938-1678-4928-AAE9-2BECBF1B5B92.jpeg
    42FA5938-1678-4928-AAE9-2BECBF1B5B92.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 155
I just got the six clover (white, dark grey, black) Plan to wear it in an everyday rotation with jeans, shorts, leggings or cargos. i think since I’m medium build with a broad shoulder, somehow it looks casual on me. Here with a cardigan, tshirt and belperron corne earrings. @pursebelle, i also meant to say, I think you look great with the pendant and the six clover, and that the latter, especially in combination with the earrings, does look more formal on you! :biggrin:
A41BE13D-6324-4E21-A20A-9441D4E3EADF.jpeg15FC8C90-B522-4109-8B89-E77F2D8B97D8.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m loving this for everyday- white gold magic Alhambra pendant. I tried on the vintage and it is just too small on me (I’m 170cm). My next purchase would be the 6 motif necklace which is such a beautiful statement piece, however not for everyday- with me at least.
Both photos are great, but I LOVE the magic necklace and two motif earrings on you.

Reactions: meegracee