Books & Music I'm in dire need of a great duet! (oldie or newbie!)

newaddiction

Sep 30, 2006
Good evening everyone!

So this is an interesting request.

So a friend and I have pretty good voices haha and no one really knows that we actually sing well, and we've been in the school musical for 4 years and we don't take tryouts seriously at all (we're both 18 btw). But now we want to kind of show ourselves, so we are wanting to do a musical number at a school performance where a bunch of kids share their talents and do all this neat stuff.

ahha and no one knows btw! We are just gonna BAM appear on stage and hopefully dazzle everyone haha

We were thinking of doing an old-ish kind of song that everyone secretly rocks out to in the shower haha, something that everyone knows, and something sentimentals and cute.. idk. help me?!

Thanks in advance:wlae:

Don't Go Breaking my Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee
Cruisin' (the song that Huey Lewis & Gwyneth Paltrow sing in Duets)
Summer Loving from Grease (LOL a ton of songs from Grease would be great)

Is your friend a girl or a guy?

If you're singing with a guy, there's always:

Friends and Lovers by Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson.

Islands in the Stream by The Bee Gees.

Light My Candle from Rent.

If you're singing with a girl, there's:

The Boy Is Mine by Monica and Brandy.

Take something like Baby-Baby-Baby by TLC and arrange it for two people.

Take Me For What I Am from Rent.

OMG I can't believe nobody said Sonny and Cher's "I Got You, Babe"! That's the first thing I thought of :shame:

I love Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman's version of "Something Stupid"- it's really cute. And new Jordin Sparks song with Chris Brown is good.

Wasn't there a great one by Celine Dion and Barbara Striesand??? I forgot the name of the song.

If your friend is a guy the song from Grease-Your the one that I want.....
I would also think some old Broadwas musicals might have some great songs.

Wasn't there a great one by Celine Dion and Barbara Striesand??? I forgot the name of the song.
It's called Tell Him, and it's a beautiful song.

If you're singing with a guy you could do I'm Your Angel by Celine Dion and R. Kelly.

There's also Everytime I Close My Eyes by Mariah Carey and Babyface.

Also One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men.

what about Miss Saigon's "I Still Believe" by Lea Salonga and Claire Moore.....love this song, such a great duet. both are singing about Chris aaawwww......

hmmm....lemme check my ipod for more lol.

"When You Believe" by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey?

"The Last night of the World" and "Sun and Moon" again from Miss Saigon (sorry these songs are playing in my ipod right now lol).....
these are great duets especially if your friend is a guy.....the blending is soo good