Wanted: Your 2cents Please

beautibabe

Jan 16, 2007
Hello everyone!

Short & sweet, I'm currently saving up for my very first Louis Vuitton. Although many styles have caught my eye, I think I have narrowed it down to a few to choose from:

mono speedy (25/30) - b/c it's a speedy & it's so classic. I'd :heart: to build my own patina with it!
epi lilac speedy - b/c it's epi leather & lilac color is unique, delicate & feminine. I've heard it's easy/easier to care for, durable, low-maintenance & no patina to worry about ever.
epi lilac jasmin- b/c of the lilac color & it appears to be a very feminine & sophisticated style of bag (something different than a regular speedy)
epi vanilla jasmin - b/c vanilla is such a warm neutral

Can you please vote & provide your opinions about your choice(s)?
I'd love to hear your comments!
By the way, feel free to suggest other colors and/or types of handbags too!
I'm always up for suggestions.

P.S. If your choice is the lilac/vanilla jasmin, would you know where to find them (and how much it retails for now)?

Thanks so much :heart: :flowers:

<< To the forum moderators: please feel free to move my post to where you deem suitable. I was unsure where to post. Thanks! >>

I would go the the mono speedy. Years from now that will still be in style, ala Audrey Hepburn 40 years ago in the movies carrying the speedy. While the colors you love now will change. Also the colors will date the bag.

Let's move this to the main forum so you can pick up some more responses :yes:

I'd go for the speedy, the speedy is a Louis Vuitton collection staple !

I'd get one of the Jasmins. I have one in old red and it's one of my favorite bags!!!! It's very easy to care for, easy to get in/out of, VERY feminine, and it's so beautiful!

There's one girl working in my building that has a black Epi Jasmin. She makes that bag look amazing!!! Every time I see her carry this bag, I just can't stop staring!

I'd also vote for the monogram Speedy. Try the different sizes on in the store so you can determine which size works best for you.

My Speedy 25 is 19 years old. Yes, not a typo -- it's 19. I just had all the leather replaced and it looks brand new. These bags can last forever!