Slingbacks too large - how to make them fit?

Cristina

O.G.
Oct 23, 2005
Okay, so let's say you're considering a pair of No. Prive slingbacks, but they're possibly a half size too big. Possibly. Is there an option for making them fit? I know with closed-back heels, a heel grip and ball of foot pad is an option. But what about for slingbacks? Would the same combination work, minus the heel grip - maybe something from Foot Petals? Or am I SOL? :Push:

Any help would be appreciated, ladies. TIA! :heart:

^^ A cobbler can definitely shorten or lengthen the sling, but I agree with Cat - make sure it's a good cobbler. I've had slings lengthened and the cobbler did an even better job than the original sling that was on the shoe.

Cristina, this must be one HOT pair of shoes!

:lol: They are pretty hot! I haven't bought them (yet), but I have to make a decision, because I received my Saks Rewards GC in the mail yesterday and it's a nice chunk of change, so I have to decide if I want to go for these, or if I want to stop by Saks and see if the nude patent YoYos are available in my size, or if I want to order the beige glitter patent YoYos. Decisions :shame:

I called a local cobbler, and they do shorten slingback straps. If I buy them, I think that's what I will do if they're too big.

Well that is excellent news that a cobbler can shorten the sling for you!
Decisions decisions!!!
Hot slingbacks, nude yo-yo, beige glitter yo-yo!
I don't envy your decision! All of these shoes are HOT
I can't wait to see what you decide on!

I would get the nude patent yoyo's, I just love that shoe ;). I did try the beige glitter NP's when I was in Paris but I think the color is not as flattering...and for me it was a little "too much" but thats a very personal thing, they are definately stunning shoes.

Oooh I have no prive I think (the gold glittery ones?) and had to buy them in a size smaller. My decollette (sp) are a 37 and too tight and my slingbacks are 36 and a great fit

Ooops forgot to say that the moral was be careful if ordering without trying but if you try them and they are just a little big, alteration of the slingback should be a good solution. I just know I'm terrified of slipping out of heels and go for as snug as I can bear!

These are the leopard NPs. A wonderful member here told me that they are cut narrower than other slingbacks, such as the Architeks, which I tried on in a 39.5 and they fit. They're a 40.5, so I'm thinking that they may be a bit big :sad: Which is where the shortening of the sling comes in, if I decide to buy them :nuts:

Okay, here is a shot of the leopard No. Prives, so you guys have an idea of which shoes I'm talking about. I see that the pony hair goes almost all the way up the slingback. I wonder if that will be an issue for the cobbler, if in fact they are too big? Ack, I am so confused :Push:

Tamara-Speid-039.jpg