Longchamp Legende Clutch - YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

tigger98

O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
I bought this Longchamp Legende clutch yesterday and am now not so sure about it. Would appreciate anybody's thoughts on it.

I want the clutch for a casual day look. Unfortunately, I have lent my digicam to a friend but I did scour the web and managed to find this picture. It's the one being carried by the lady in the black sequin dress.

The bag is a taupe/grey colour with gold hardware.

Attachments

• leighton_and_nicole.jpg
    leighton_and_nicole.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 736
I think that the styling is fantastic, but IMO it looks too big for something that's carried by a wrist strap. Note that I'm not a large bag person, so if you like big bags, ignore my opinion!

I agree w/ ami kio, it looks way too big to be carried on your wrist. Maybe under your arm would look a little more natural. I would imagine that it would be very straining on your wrist.

i just bought a longchamps rodeo bag in black patent leather...it's light, roomy, easy to carry and i love it! i saw your bag as well and think you'd really get a lot of use out of it!

Thank you all for your comments. The bag is really light and therefore no chance of straining your wrist, IMO.

I do think that I may have gotten carried away with this day clutch thing and perhaps should plump for something a little more practical, e.g. the Rodeo handbag in patent blue leather or taupe suede. Will have to ponder this one over... but I have to admit that this clutch is really flexible in that it can be either dressed up or down.

I think it's gorgeous, I love the Legende!
May I ask the price & did they have any of the black patent bags wherever you bought it?

BagAngel, I bought it at the Longchamp shop on Bond Street, London. The clutch cost me £205. They also do a patent version for £155 (comes in black, white and gold).

The entire patent range was in store and therefore I suggest you pop in to take a look. If you don't live in London, you can call up and ask them to send you a catalogue, which includes all the prices in GBP.

BagAngel, I bought it at the Longchamp shop on Bond Street, London. The clutch cost me £205. They also do a patent version for £155 (comes in black, white and gold).

The entire patent range was in store and therefore I suggest you pop in to take a look. If you don't live in London, you can call up and ask them to send you a catalogue, which includes all the prices in GBP.
Thanks Tigger :flowers:

I went back into Longchamp yesterday and was convinced I was going to exchange it for a more practical tote bag but after much deliberation with the SA, I am now persuaded that the oversize clutch is quite a practical bag and when dressed up with the right shoes will look really sophisticated.

Guess I am keeping it then...

Having said that, I did spot a really nice patent orange Rodeo tote bag that could well be my next purchase, unless the new Belen Echandia Be Mine in mustard grabs me first!