Food Desperate things we do when we have cravings......

hermesgroupie

Orange crush
Feb 12, 2006
One of my most favorite snacks is chocolate covered pretzels. I couldn't find them in the store yesterday so I bought one bag of pretzels and one bag of chocolate. I'm now popping one chocolate and one pretzel in my mouth at the same time.

I also remember, during college, running around the Upper East Side of Manhattan at 3 in the morning trying to find a place that would serve us burgers at that hour of the morning.

Anyone else do this? Please tell me I'm not alone............:confused1:

I'm sitting here eating a Costco-sized bag of Hawaiian Maui Onion Potato Chips... the 2LB size:nuts:
Those sound yummy! Do they have a slight sweet flavor or is it just pure onion flavored?

Well, when I have cravings I must please them. I'm glad my bf is usually cooperative because then he drives me around sometimes in the middle of the night & we go hunting for food lol. If he doesn't take me, I go by myself to the store & if I can't find it, I go somewhere else. If I have to go back emptyhanded, I get it the next day :shame:

Those sound yummy! Do they have a slight sweet flavor or is it just pure onion flavored?

Well, when I have cravings I must please them. I'm glad my bf is usually cooperative because then he drives me around sometimes in the middle of the night & we go hunting for food lol. If he doesn't take me, I go by myself to the store & if I can't find it, I go somewhere else. If I have to go back emptyhanded, I get it the next day :shame:

WOW, that sounds like so much fun!! Sometimes I want pizza in the middle of the night, but I don't want to pay delivery and all. It's just so hard, once I was seriously considering traveling overseas for something until I came to my senses!!! :sweatdrop:

Thankfully I'm pretty patient and have enough will power not to give in 95% of the time. :P

Gah, it's terrible to have cravings. I have to have it or else that's all I think about. Thank goodness dh understands and usually indulges me. He will drive me wherever.

There is one craving that I can't please this moment. There's this japanese noodle place in Waikiki that makes the best chowmein. I've tried duplicating the recipe but have been unsuccessful. I will be going to Hawaii in May and I will go to this japanese noodle house everyday until I'm satisfied, lol.

They have a slight sweet flavor...:drool:mmm, totally oily, crispy, thick and tasty!!! DH finally found them two nights ago (after half the bag was gone) and finished off another 1/4 of the bag. But he is 40lb overweight and has the same body habitus as me (mind you, I'm 7 1/2 mo pregnant!), so I cut him off and kept the rest for myself.

I finished off the bag tonight... yeah, 2LB bag for under $5 at Costco. Can't beat it!

Gah, it's terrible to have cravings. I have to have it or else that's all I think about. Thank goodness dh understands and usually indulges me. He will drive me wherever.

There is one craving that I can't please this moment. There's this japanese noodle place in Waikiki that makes the best chowmein. I've tried duplicating the recipe but have been unsuccessful. I will be going to Hawaii in May and I will go to this japanese noodle house everyday until I'm satisfied, lol.
Don't you hate that? You have this dish in a restaurant and can't find any way to make it at home?