Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

I heard about Claude at the Manhatten store, yes, I think it would go faster, possibly! The SA said normally they tell people 3-4 months. I hope they aren't going to take up to 6 months, but I am not a VIP customer so who knows. Also, it could be King of Prussia Hermes is not a VIP store and doesn't get a huge amount of traffic.

Hi Girls,

I have a Hermes Birkin 35 Mokka colour, but now the paint on the handles are peeling off. Besides that I have also a big scratch on the bottom of the bag.

Does anyone know if Hermes can restore all of this?

Thanks,

Chantall

Chantall,

They can fix almost anything, and can defenitely improve a scratch on the leather (not sure about completely eradicating it - depends on the leather and the scratch!)...I must admit, I have never heard of peeling handles :confused1: ...the only issues I have encountered with handles on H bags is re-stitching, darkening where it is held and slight wearing of the grain........BTW the leather is never "painted" it is dyed....it sounds strange, the peeling you describe :shrugs:

Hi! I hope someone can help me on this one...I have a vintage Kelly...in the plum color with silver harware. I dropped it off in Chicago and waited months for it to come back. It came back looking about the same. I was out $80 dollars. Now in March I am off to Paris and I am thinking of visiting them there and seeing if they can work miracles polishing it, evening out the color and maybe changing out the bottom feet.....if that doesn't work....has anyone ever heard of a purse being dyed? I'd be willing to go to black if it evened out the color around the opening and the handle.....its not horrible but I guess I'm just picky. Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you. Z

80$ is the cost for basic conditioning. They can do more, but you need to specify what you want done. I would not have anything (work) done outside H 'cause they may refuse to work on it again.

I would never have a bag dyed a different color. It would never look right and you may ruin the bag. I don't know of Hermes offering this service. The thread would never take the dye the same way as the leather. I've seen old pieces that were re-dyed and I thought it was a total sad mess!

Thanks for the thoughts....I hadn't thought about the thread being a different color. To be honest, the color of this purse is just beautiful...I would prefer if they could bring this color back to life. I am thinking about calling the Paris store and talking to them before I pack it to go.....I was thinking the color change as a last resort and I had never heard if it was done....thank you, again. Z

Hi!....Me again....called the Hermes boutique in Paris today and spoke to a very nice man. He advised me drop off my purse in March for refurbishing. He did say that they are able to go beyond the US based repair services. Great! I already paid for repairs in CHicago and it came back practically the same....Yikes! The only drawback is that they do not mail to the US due to duty taxes, etc. In my case, no problem since we have family in France. Hope I can help someone else in their journey to add life back into their Hermes....Z

Ladies, I just purchased a white 60s Kelly and it was previously polished unprofessionally and it looks it. Also there is a stain on the bottom of the inner lining...can it be refurbish if I take it to a Hermes store?