Creme de La Mer (on oily/acne-prone skin)?

TresChic35

The Newbie?
Aug 13, 2007
I've heard so many miracles about this creme. Has anyone here have success with it? I want to try it, but I don't want to break out. I'm currently using Pro-active solution...

I swear by this stuff. It works wonders on my dry cheeks and around my nose. During the winter I get all flaky. :s I am pretty much blemish free for the most part, but I do get acne around that time of the month. I usually do not apply La Mer to my t-zone, which is more oily than the other parts of my face and I do not break out. If you can get some samples, try out the gel version too. That's the lighter version for acne prone skin.

i also have acne prone skin so, like priiin, i dont apply it all over my face
i just use a tiny amount on any dry spots and where wrinkles would form, like on my forehead and eyes. i also put some around my nose. the key is to use a tiny amount. u rub it btwn ur fingers to emolisify it and then apply lightly
i love it though & am never without~!

I have really dry skin, so La Mer works great for me, however, I would not recommend this product for people who have oily or acne prone skin. It would probably help you with discoloration or scars after your skin has cleared.

I have oily skin and La Mer is to thick and creamy. I mentioned that to a sa and they gave me a sample Emulsion La Mer and it still didn't work well.

Thank God I tried samples before buying! I think it works best for dry/normal skin.

I don't know.....I have oily skin and am still prone to breakouts even at my age. Even with oily skin though, it still gets dry especially in the winter months. I use Creme de la Mer religiously, and have never had a problem. A pea sized amount rubbed between the fingers before applying is the key. The first time I used it, I used too much and it felt like a mask! I couldn't believe how little I needed. My skin has never felt better or healthier since I started using it.

they also have the oil free version which is lite and nice for all over

i actually own both, the creme and the oil free version & i prefer the creme to erase wrinkles

i have very oily skin and had horrible acne. applying the la mer on trouble spots(eyes & forehead) has never bothered me
i have never really had dry skin bc im so oily. i guess i'm bascially using the la mer to erase and prevent wrinkles