Stam Lovers! Please Help!!

luvinmybags

Nov 1, 2007
I have never seen a Stam IRL, and am hoping you could help me understand a few things about them, as I don't have any MJ retailers anywhere around me (just MBMJ).

I just ordered a green elastic stam from eluxury for $1015. Was that a good price, or could I have done better?

Also, what makes the elastic version different/more expensive than the regular version? I was also eying the stam in Truffle. How would it be different than the green elastic? I can get it for about the same price ($1012), but can't afford to have both, so which one do you think is really worth the $1000?

And are they really as heavy as I've been reading? Like do they weigh more than three pounds?

I really appreciate your knowledge and opinions!

$1000+ is a little high for a Quilted Elastic Stam, since we know they got marked down to $600+ at both Nordstroms & Barneys - finding one at that price, however, is another story. Most dept stores have been sold out for quite some time (someone found one for $400+ today at a Nordstrom Rack but I think those are few & far between!). Of course, you could probably find one on ebay for less - but if you're OK with that price & are excited, then it's a good price!

The Quilted Elastic is exactly how it sounds - it's quilted leather w/elastic running through it. Here is a pic of my Quilted Elastic Mina bag, which IMO, is very similar to the Stam w/o the handles:

mina1.jpg

I think the newer Stams weigh less than the original ones - esp the quilted elastic ones. They have a lighter weight lining that's made from a raincoat type of material. I've also heard that the chain strap is hollowed, but honestly, I don't notice that much of a difference between the chain on my Mina and the chain on my 1st season Baby Stam. They weigh more than 3 lbs - probably between 4-5.

I think the jewel tones that MJ did last f/w are some of the best colors he's ever done - I think finding one this late in the game is lucky and I wouldn't trade it!

^^Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, I don't have a Nordstroms, Barneys or anything of the sort anywhere around me, so I have to search online, and I don't think the sales are as great as in the stores. But WOW, $600 is a GREAT price! Sorry I missed it!

Is yours in the pic green? Does it have a metalic sheen to it? It's very pretty.

yes - that's the Quilted Elastic Mina in Green - it's the exact same color/leather as the Quilted Elastic Stam. I guess it does have a slight metalic sheen to it, but it's not an official "metalic" bag - it's not like the bronze or silver or blush - which were all definite metalics. I think the Green, Plum and Navy have a very subtle sheen to it that gives it a 3-dimensional look. I really think you're gonna love it!

p.s. FYI - Nordstroms, Barneys, Saks, NM (even the Nordstrom Rack) will do charge sends over the phone - If you call a Nordstroms store (anyone) and ask a SA to locate a specific bag for you, they'll ship to you. That way you can take advantage of the sale prices w/o ever having to set foot in the store!

Okay, now I'm curious to get it! The pics on eLuxury looked different.

I guess I need to pay more attention when TPFer's post their sale sightings!

These are the pics from eluxury...

Attachments

• p11518040_ph_detail_04.jpg
    p11518040_ph_detail_04.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 43
  • p11518040_ph_detail_01.jpg
    p11518040_ph_detail_01.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 42
excellent choice :tup: out of all the elastic stams i personally think the green one is the prettiest.

the stam is a gorgeous bag, but i cant use it as an everyday bag. it is very nice for going out though, i always receive compliments on mine when i do. the reason i cant use it as an everyday bag is because the drop on the handles are too short making it uncomfortable on my shoulders, as for the weight i guess im used to carrying heavy bags so i dont really mind.