LV purchase off Ebay

kuromi

O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
Hi everyone, i recently bought a LV bag from ebay. However the seller do not accept Paypal from international buyers and only accept bank wire transfer or Western Union Money transfer.

I am agreeable to wire transfer but when i ask the seller for his details on the bank address and his address which is needed in order for my bank to transfer the money. The seller is not comfortable to release his details and insist on only Western union money transfer.

I know there's alot of podders here also purchase LV bags through Ebay too. Would like to check if this is normal? I am also curious why international paypal is not accepted? Is it due to charges?

Am pretty confused. What should i do? :s

hm, this should probably get moved to the eBay forum for more exposure but imo, international paypal is probably not being accepted because int'l buyers usually don't have a confirmed address & sellers are not protected if anything happens.

Also, the whole western union thing seems kind of fishy. Does the seller have good feedback?

hm, this should probably get moved to the eBay forum for more exposure but imo, international paypal is probably not being accepted because int'l buyers usually don't have a confirmed address & sellers are not protected if anything happens.

Also, the whole western union thing seems kind of fishy. Does the seller have good feedback?

:tup::tup: are you a medium missyanne? :lol:

Oh no , i m sorry if it's off topic.

Yes the seller does have 100% feedback. I m just very curious why isnt the seller accepting bank wire transfer if it was stated in the auction.

Here is the note I was talking about, Hope it helps!!

Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram. Sellers may not solicit payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card. Finally, sellers may not request payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services not permitted in the eBay marketplace.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html