Got stuck in a thunderstorm with my LV!

john_satc

Jan 21, 2008
I have had the worst day ever and really could do with a rant but I have housemates for that. What they wouldn't understand is that the worst thing is that I got stuck in a thunderstorm with my LV and it got soaked!

I was carrying my damier geant canvas bag so it didn't get wet through, and the fabric is fine. But the vachetta! Its soaked! I just got back so anyway to treat it now?Im too scared to even look at it! For now I'm leaving it to dry but want to know, is there anything I can do to remove any stains/damage??

Thanks in advance!

I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will dry out OK. If there are any stains, I'd try the magic eraser and then condition. I've also used saddle soap to blend in water spots.....it does darken the vachetta though.

Let's see a picture of it ?

It might not be as bad as you think, I've been in the rain before and the vachetta came out unspotted ! :yes:

Oh, I'm so sorry! I've gotten caught in the rain and in the snow a few times with my mono stuff and it's not fun! (eventually I stopped caring when I was carrying the mono speedy, and it's not as bad-looking as expected, but it's still nothing I'd do on purpose)

I would let it dry, if it does not even out and you wind up with rain spots, go very lightly over the area with magic eraser and then use a good leather condition on the area. Think you will be fine

I feel your pain... Someone brought a big chocolate lab into my office yesterday, and my bag (pretty much brand spanking new speedy 35) was sitting on a shelf just below my desk. The dog apparently had good taste, and went to sniff my bag and drooled on the zipper pull!!!!

I bet yours will turn out OK, maybe after conditioning a little darker. Just follow the great tips so far!!!!

So sorry to hear that, have not had any experience like that so I wouldn't be able to give advice ... just wanted to say that I understand how you feel and I'm sure it'll be okay!

Hopefully it should dry pretty evenly. When it's almost dry, if it looks uneven, go over it with a baby wipe first before you try the magic eraser.

Good luck, and it should turn out fine.

It'll be fine. I've spilled beer on my vachetta and even though that acutally stained at first you can't see it at all anymore w/ the patina. Water shouldn't be an issue, especially if the vachetta really was "soaked" and not just a few isolated splatters--if it's all pretty much the same wetness then it'll likely all dry to the same color.

Cheers for the tips...
This whole thing has left me annoyed. A £600 bag that I can't get wet!!! Thats ridiculous?!!! I love my LV and know that materials are quality, but it's just ridiculous that I have to sweat over being caught in the rain!
It's just convinced me, no more vachetta! I'm not a fan of monogram so that isn't a problem...guess I will be sticking to damier (but not geant).

Quick question though - say I got stuck in a rainstorm with a damier bag - would there be an effect on the bag or leather in any way?