Food Whats your favourite smoothie recipe?

omgblonde

O.G.
May 26, 2007
Whats your favourite smoothie recipe? I've had a smoothie maker for ages, but I've never really used it before. I really want to start eating & drinking healthier & I think making my own smoothies will be a lot better for me than living off coke! I've found some recipies online but I want to know everybody else's opinions! What do you find the easiest/quickest to prepare in the mornings? Most cost efficient? & of course tastiest?! :P

Sorry if something like this has been asked before. I did do a quick search but couldn't find anything! Thanks!

This doesn't really taste good but it's supposed to be healthy... so I just drink it every morning HAHAHA

I mix strawberries, an apple, a banana, milk, and plain yogurt together.
and the amount I put in usually varies.
but USUALLY it's 4 strawberries, 1/2 apple, 1 banana, 1 spoon plain yogurt and just a litttttttttle bit of milk.
:sweatdrop: this probably wasn't much of a help~
sorry!

I love smoothies! When I was at home, I used to make one every morning for breakfast. I usually have a mixed bag of frozen fruit with strawberries, grapes, peaches, and some other fruits. I'll add a cup of that with a fresh banana, a little bit of Equal, and some water. I found if I add yogurt or some kind of juice, it's too sweet.

my recipe:
1 of the single serving cups of strawberry or strawberry-banana yogurt
a couple handfuls of thawed frozen strawberries (or fresh)
1 banana
some OJ

Been freezing a sliced banana and putting it and 1c skim milk and a spoonful of Vanilla Yogurt in the Magic Bullet. YUMMY banana shake/smoothy! Got the idea from a posting on another thread here. Loving every minute of it!!!

i'd have to say strawberry, mango or banana ang half a cup of frozen unsweetened yogurt! sometime though, i also substitute the unsweetened yogurt for a mango yogurt or berry mix yogurt..
i make sure to freeze the fruits an hour before using them so i'd use less ice cubes.

Kefir is my favorite smoothie base. It is like yoghurt but still liquid.

I buy peach kefir and add frozen chunks of peach with no sugar added. Then chop/mix in the blender.

Or plain kefir with blueberries. Or plain kefir with mangoes. Or.......

Vanilla extract can be a great addition.

I'm really lazy and never bother with fresh fruits... all that cutting/washing/peeling:angel:...

I use frozen mixed berries (another plus is it's a lot cheaper than fresh berries, because it's frozen, it also makes your smoothie thicker), some plain vanilla yogurt, and soy milk. Voila!

i like fruity tasting smoothies and here's one i especially loved plus it's loaded with vitamin c and it has a TON of anti-oxidants in it.

-handful of strawbeerries
-handful of raspberries
-handful of blueberries
-one bananna
-1 cup of orange juice
-a splash of apple juice

mix, mix, mix.

Been freezing a sliced banana and putting it and 1c skim milk and a spoonful of Vanilla Yogurt in the Magic Bullet. YUMMY banana shake/smoothy! Got the idea from a posting on another thread here. Loving every minute of it!!!

OMG I do the same thing accidentally since the bananas were riping and vanilla yogurt about to expire. I squeeze some lemon juice, water or milk and shave ice in the MB all together too (just because I don't like my smoothie too sweet). Love it!!!!!

I love fruity smoothies! My recipe is below. I don't use ice because I feel like it tastes too watered down for me, but that's just my opinion.

- Fill up 1/3 of the blender with frozen strawberries (that I buy in a big bag) but any fresh or frozen fruit will do.
- 1/2-1 frozen banana (Whenever I buy fresh bananas and know they'll go bad before I get a chance to eat them, I peel them, cut them in half and store them in baggies in the freezer, cuts down on waste:tup:)
- 1 cup of juice (or one of DS's juice boxes); I use apple but any juice will do
- 1 container of yogurt (again, any brand or fruity flavor)
- Leftover ice cream/sherbert/frozen yogurt in the freezer. This adds to texture, and again cuts down on waste. You probably have a half-eaten container of vanilla ice cream or something. 1 big scoop is plenty.
This makes about 4 servings.
Blend and enjoy :drool:.