Can't decide between a dress for my own party!

Which dress?

• Black

• Red

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 21, 2006
Ok. I'm having a graduation party (college)...first party in my life. There are going to be a TON of people there, and it's at a very fancy place. My problem is that I cannot decide between these two EXTREMELY DIFFERENT dresses. One is very "not me" and showy. Tight, RED.

Currently I own 6 black dresses...lol and I'm only 22. The other dress I found is much more classic, Audrey Hepburn style. In the picture it doesn't look that nice on me, but it fits me rather well IRL. The detail is amazing (included in the 3rd picture) and I love the dress. The only problem is that I ALWAYS wear black. My mom picked out the black dress so I tried it on to please her, but I really love it too.

But...I've had my heart set on the red one. I need opinions please! You can also tell me neither. Now looking at the pictures...I don't like them on me so much. =( I just figured I won't be a size 2 forever so it's worth wearing the red one...I guess! I'm so indecisive.

Attachments

• DSC02014.JPG
    DSC02014.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC02011.JPG
    DSC02011.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC02012.JPG
    DSC02012.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 85
I think the most important thing is for you to be comfortable, it sounds like you want to wear the black...so go ahead! There is nothing worse than going to a party where you feel self-conscious and are worried about how you look.

I think the most important thing is for you to be comfortable, it sounds like you want to wear the black...so go ahead! There is nothing worse than going to a party where you feel self-conscious and are worried about how you look.

I know. The black IS more comfortable, but beauty can be painful lol. The red one is tight...clearly I need to wear spanx lol, but I don't want to "age" myself with the black dress.

Frankly, the black dress looks pretty young for me since shift/jumper style dresses are being promoted so heavily, and the beading looks very nice. Personally, I think the red dress is too tight, and I don't see anything that outstanding about it. It just looks like a showy, red dress. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing black often, and the second looks very elegant. Also, since you spoke more about it in your post, it seems like it's the one you're most interested in. But whichever you choose, like mishiechau said, it's important that you're comfortable.

Frankly, the black dress looks pretty young for me since shift/jumper style dresses are being promoted so heavily, and the beading looks very nice. Personally, I think the red dress is too tight, and I don't see anything that outstanding about it. It just looks like a showy, red dress. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing black often, and the second looks very elegant. Also, since you spoke more about it in your post, it seems like it's the one you're most interested in. But whichever you choose, like mishiechau said, it's important that you're comfortable.

Thank you for your honest opinion! The 4 was too big...and the 2 I know I just make it in. The 2nd is more elegant, more like the place I'm having the party. I just feel like I'm ALWAYS wearing black...which I am. I thought a change would be good, but I'm always going back to black!

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its your graduation, so claim the center of attention! Plus, on you I have to say the shape of the red one is just SO flattering. The black looks kind of stodgy, and this is your last time to feel young and fun before entering the real world!!

RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its your graduation, so claim the center of attention! Plus, on you I have to say the shape of the red one is just SO flattering. The black looks kind of stodgy, and this is your last time to feel young and fun before entering the real world!!

Thank you! I wasn't too sure if it was flattering or just tight lol.

I agree that you need to be comfortable..so if you're more comfortable in black, go for black! BUT I love how you look in that red dress - it's stunning and shows off your shape nicely!