Do You Ever Catch a Glimpse...

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
of one of your beautiful Hermes pieces and just smile?

Lots of "truth or dare" around at the moment about the things that people seem to dislike about H :shrugs:

Let's talk about the little things you love.

Just yesterday the sun came through my window while I was working and glinted off the hardware of one of my bags.

I kid you not, I stopped what I was doing and sighed out loud :girlsigh:

I still smile everytime I see my kelly! She is just so pretty.

I'm so glad I have the oppourtunity to really enjoy her as I am not able to go on crazy purchasing sprees with Hermes bags.

I smile everytime I see my beautiful scarves too!

The ladybird keychain is so cute, I smile everytime I use my keys!

I keep them all in their dustbags but I hate that because I cant see them so every now and then I take some of them out and leave the closet open so I can see the different colors. Corny, I know. They go streaking!!

* I was delighted to find and buy the Year of the Hand 2002 cadena, since the hand symbol is one of my favorite designs.

* I find Vibrato whimiscal & fresh.

*The Axis Mundi scarves were love at first sight for me.

*There are few things cozier that wearing a GM shawl on a cool and/or rainy evening.

*Box leather has a heavenly scent that I can't seem to get enough of.

i adore my violet agenda and her rose shocking clochette. i take her out everyday and just keep her on my desk so i can see her. the color is just gorgeous. also having my karo in my bag makes me happy. i need to take it out soon and try it on again as a clutch. i may, in the near future, even have a clutch life! lol.

i also love opening my cloest and looking at my scarves every now and again. just thinking about some of them- like my navy and orange turnadot- makes me smile.

When I'm alone I like to take several scarves out and play with the different kinds of knots. I get the room all messy, scarf messy. Like playing dress up.

I always put my bags in their boxes locked up so when I take them out it's like opening a box with a new bag inside. I do it slowly. It's a ritual. I still get a little rush out of it.

I own some vintage bags, some really old, some I may never carry, but I like to look at the style changes, feel them, think about what the world was going through at the time they were made.

I own an older Croc Kelly. Wasn't too expensive but I still take a deep breath when I pull the box down. That bag owns me, I don't own it. KWIM

When I'm alone I like to take several scarves out and play with the different kinds of knots. I get the room all messy, scarf messy. Like playing dress up.

I always put my bags in their boxes locked up so when I take them out it's like opening a box with a new bag inside. I do it slowly. It's a ritual. I still get a little rush out of it.

I own some vintage bags, some really old, some I may never carry, but I like to look at the style changes, feel them, think about what the world was going through at the time they were made.

I own an older Croc Kelly. Wasn't too expensive but I still take a deep breath when I pull the box down. That bag owns me, I don't own it. KWIM

That is the best! :yes::heart:

Oh, thank you for starting this thread, handybags! I was wanting to start something like this, too, as I was bummed out with reading all the negative posts in the "Confessions" thread. I was thinking, what are we doing on the H forum if we don't even like the brand.

I love reading all the lovely comments here!

I find that my H items bring me much joy. OK... I admit it... I am very materialistic. :shame: My Kelly sits in my entry area on a table when I'm home and I love that I can see her every time I walk past. I often go over to her and just touch her and look inside at her rainbow.

I love when I need to get something out of my Karo or write something in my agenda, or need to use my wallet. I love just handling these luscious H leather items.

And I have my cashmere shawls each draped over a padded hanger in my closet. I'll often just open the door and stare at them and their amazing designs and colors.

I have always been very interested in art and the artwork in my home is very precious to me. I think I am viewing H as art and my appreciation for it is in its color and shape and construction and quality. :heart: